Daily Archives: December 21, 2010
…playing City Of Tiny Lights from the Zappa Plays Zappa tour:
- Dweezil Zappa Plays Zappa at The Egg, 12/16/10 (timesunion.com)
- Mike’s Blog Round Up (crooksandliars.com)
- Zappa Plays Zappa – Frank Zappa 70th Birthday Celebration, The Roundhouse,London (independent.co.uk)
- Guitarist DWEEZIL ZAPPA Discusses Father And Legend FRANK ZAPPA – “He Was Really A Classical Composer That Used A Rock Band As His Orchestra” (bravewords.com)
- 3 generations of Zappa family at the Roundhouse… (hangout.altsounds.com)
… looking for stocking stuffers for Elly. I must admit that I enjoyed it… it’s been a long time since I just focused on small things that emphasized how I felt about her, and finding special things was great fun.
Here we are four days before Christmas and the stores were not as mobbed as I expected them to be. I won’t be surprised if the financial reports of the retail season are lower than they were last year (which was pretty bad in itself.) Either that or most of the shopping that’s going on is happening on the web and not in stores.
Tonite we are going over to my grandsons’ school in Williamsport, MD, to hear their annual Christmas Concert. We did this last year as well and, while you have to be caught up in the lives of your grandchildren to believe it, the music was more than tolerable.
- Fun Stocking Stuffers For Everyone At The Dollar Store (walletpop.com)
- Fantastic Favorites For Stocking Stuffers (stlavonlady.wordpress.com)
- Gift List: Homey Stocking Stuffers Roundup (apartmenttherapy.com)
It was beautiful…instead of going black the eclipsed moon turned a dark amber red. At 3:00 AM I stood at my window and watched it in all it’s glory, just off Orion’s upper right quadrant. The sky was wonderfully clear and, through my binoculars, I could see the shadowed craters in a dark red-grey surrounded by red highlights.
Today is the Winter Solstice, the shortest day of the year, and it’s the last day of Zappadan. Today is the 70th anniversary of Frank’s birth. So here’s some morning music to celebrate – Baby Snakes (recorded live in Munich):
- “Winter Solstice 2010 full moon” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)
- Winter solstice marked by eclipse (mirror.co.uk)
- Lunar eclipse and winter solstice to coincide for first time in 372 years (guardian.co.uk)
- Video : Lunar eclipse December 2010, winter solstice coincide ttrumping “once in a blue moon” (panasianbiz.com)
- “Winter Solstice” and related posts (weeklyworldnews.com)