Daily Archives: December 6, 2010
“Yes, letting taxes go up would be politically risky. But giving in would be risky, too — especially for a president whom voters are starting to write off as a man too timid to take a stand.”
– Paul Krugman in the NY Times article: Let’s Not Make a Deal.
- Did Krugman just call Obama a wimp? (americablog.com)
- Kurtz on Krugman: Nice Guy (patspapers.com)
- Paul Krugman: Obama Has ‘Largely Accepted Conservative View Of The World’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- The problem with Obama (newstatesman.com)
- Required Reading: Krugman on the Moral Collapse of the Obama Administration (slog.thestranger.com)
Gosh… Has Bernanke just figured this stuff out after helping to make the inequality himself?
Here’s a snip they had on HuffPo this morning:
You notice he’s not saying what happens if you are a college graduate over 55 who became unemployed at the end of the Bush Debacle. I’ll bet our unemployment rate is at about 15%.
- The omnipresent – not omniscient – Ben Bernanke (ftalphaville.ft.com)
- Bernanke on CBS’s ’60 Minutes’ (blogs.wsj.com)
- Fed Chair Bernanke talks tax policy (dontmesswithtaxes.typepad.com)
- This Was The Scariest Thing Ben Bernanke Said Last Night (businessinsider.com)
- Bernanke takes defense of Fed to ’60 Minutes’ (msnbc.msn.com)
- Bernanke: More Fed bond buys “certainly possible” (reuters.com)
Happy third day of Zappadan… get out your dental floss.
- Music DVD Review: Frank Zappa – An Evening With Frank Zappa During Which…The Torture Never Stops (blogcritics.org)
- Zappa @ the Roundhouse & Baltimore declares “Frank Zappa Day” (etonmess.wordpress.com)
- 2 reviews of Frank Zappa (rateitall.com)
- Baltimore honors late rocker Frank Zappa with bust (today.msnbc.msn.com)