Daily Archives: December 22, 2010
- Steve Landesberg Dead at 65 (blippitt.com)
- Barney Miller Actor Steve Landesberg Dead at 65 (omg.yahoo.com)
- Steve Landesberg, “Barney Miller” Star, Dies Of Cancer (popcrunch.com)
- ‘Barney Miller’ Star Steve Landesberg Dead at 65 (tvsquad.com)
- Steve Landesberg: 1945 – 2010 (cmock127.blogspot.com)
Both the Senate and the House (finally) passed the health bill for 9/11 first responders and it was sent to the White House for Obama‘s signature. The Senate was unanimous (after offices of Senator Coburn and others were stormed by 9/11 first responders this morning.) The House took very little time to pass it… and now it’s going to be law. It looks like the Republicans were “shamed” into coming in on this after tromping it the other day.
The Senate also finished up with and passed the START arms reduction treaty with Russia by a 71-to-26 vote. The treaty had needed at least two-thirds support for passage.
The President signed the Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell bill that was passed yesterday.
I’ll bet Mitch McConnell will have to agree with Lindsey Graham that Harry Reid has “eaten our lunch.” And the President, at his Press Conference this afternoon said “we are not doomed to endless gridlock.”
Today, Obama and the Democrats lived up to their word. They maintained their focus and, despite the agreement on the Tax Cuts, brought in the majority of their bills. It’s going to be a Happy Holiday for Democrats.
- The case of Lindsey Graham’s missing lunch (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Nuclear treaty reignites Senate bickering (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Senate Passes Food Safety Bill Again; Sets Final Vote for New START (news.firedoglake.com)
- House & Senate Pass 9/11 Health Bill, Senate Ratifies START Treaty (themoderatevoice.com)
- Nuclear treaty another victory for President (nationalpost.com)
- US Senate approves New START (rt.com)
- GOP senators help arms pact clear hurdle (washingtontimes.com)
- START Treaty Passed By Senate (alan.com)
Here are a couple of clips, but I encourage you to go into Salon and read it all: