Category Archives: Video
Something called “Pre-Surgical Intake” and ending with a new MRI. Then we’ll be chugging back to Harpers Ferry, I get a day off and on Thursday night I’m back in Georgetown at the hotel next to the hospital waiting to have a hole drilled in my head the next day.
Looks like we’ll be driving down in the rain.
I can’t say this is the week I’m looking forward to, but if it ends up solving the problem of my seizures and other things and I am allowed to drive a car again someday (that’s something a guy who goes around to visit friends really misses!) and maybe live a while longer who could complain?
Hey… a note to my wife… Let’s assume I’m going to make Christmas this year. Know what I want? The new DVD of the revival of Sondheim’s company with Neil Patrick Harris, Patty LuPone and… Stephen Colbert! You can get it at Amazon. Don’t order it until after Saturday.
Since I’ve been forced to stay pretty still most of the day I have been watching a lot of television (and thanks to Infinity I can go back and see many shows I’ve missed over the months) and have developed a list of shows I don’t want to miss. Act6ually, I’d repeat watching many of them several times (I often fall asleep before the end due to my condition and I want to find out what happened.)
Yesterday my daughter Cassandra and I discovered we liked a lot of the same shows. Oh, there were differences, but so many of the major ones were on both of our lists that I was sure I had had a child who was just like me.
I know you probably have favorite shows, too. Here is my top seven:
- The Mentalist – I don’t know what it is about this one, but I am totally hooked on it. It’s Cassandra’s number 1 show as well.
Copper – Have you seen this one on BBC America? It’s the story of NYC cops in the 1860s during the late Civil War era and the conflict between the Irish slums of Five Points and the rich folk on 5th Avenue… not to mention the Confederate conspiracy to burn down New York with an explosive called “Greek Fire.” This one has finished it’s 10 shows of the season and is now running repeats. I guess the new season starts in January.
- Suits – New Episodes start in January, but you can see all the older one’s on USA Network‘s web site.
- White Collar – waiting for January for this one to come back for another season… really miss it.
- Covert Affairs – the current season is just ending, but I LOVE this little CIA girl and the stuff she gets into.
- Big Bang Theory – Got to have my favorite comedy in there.
- Burn Notice – which just came back for a seventh season last week. Watching Mike, Sam and the folks at work is sooo exciting.
I like “Vegas” on CBS, but the rumor is running around that it will be cancelled for low ratings. Too bad.
So, what are yours? Do you have the same esoteric crime and conspiracy lust that I do? If they had more shows like PBS’ Broadway Musicals (from 2004) which I have been watching the re-runs from, I’d be watching that stuff more.
- USA Renews ‘Burn Notice’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- ‘Royal Pains’, ‘White Collar’ and ‘Covert Affairs’ Renewed by USA For New Seasons (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- Dynamic CIA Women: Annie of ‘Covert Affairs’ and Carrie of ‘Homeland’ (buddytv.com)
- Copper on BBC America Fine Television – out on Blu-ray (smallscreensilversurfer.com)
- ‘Suits’ Renewed by USA for Third Season (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)
- The Mentalist- “If It Leads, it Bleeds” Review (11oclocknews.typepad.com)
- The Mentalist Milestone: 100th Episode (sacramento.cbslocal.com)
So get out and vote. Mitt gives us a good reason:
…the one blog I try to view every day. This is a video that Lisa put together Called “Back in the Good Old Days” which is a good indicator that Romney will bring Bushiness back to us.
Hope you enjoy it. I sure did!
Life seems to be very hard for these folks. Listen to the big amount of Romney lies they have ingested like vitamins:
How do you live with these people… these utterly stupid an misinformed people?
- Ohio Mitt Romney Supporters Don’t Know Mitt Romney (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- Obama goes after Romney’s Jeep ad (cbsnews.com)
- NBC’s Ohio Poll: 45% of Likely Voters Conservative, 23% Liberal–And Obama’s Up 6 (cnsnews.com)
Much of the nation is reeling from Superstorm Sandy. As families rebuild from Sandy’s destruction, our thoughts are with the victims of this horrific, fossil-fueled storm.
When Gov. Mitt Romney made climate change a punch line at the Republican National Convention, he mocked a real threat to the lives of Americans.
We can’t let Mitt get away with his laughing dismissal of the threat of rising seas caused by the carbon polluters who fund his campaign. Share this ad with friends and family to tell Romney: climate change isn’t a joke.
Thanks to Climate Silence.org.
Well, let’s hear what Mike Wallace found out about the sacred underwear:
Are you convinced? Of course, Romney or his supporters have yet to criticize Obama‘s relatively ordinary underwear.
(Thanx to Caffeinated Politics.)
- Despite his faith, Mitt hasn’t necessarily nailed the Mormon vote (o.canada.com)
- Using Mitt To Sell Magical Mormon Underwear (thedailybeast.com)
- Mormon Says Romneys Are Leading Church Into Mainstream (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Website uses Romneys to sell Mormon undies (news.com.au)
- If Mormons move into the White House… (religion.blogs.cnn.com)
From Mashed Potato Bulletin:
In what could become Mitt Romney’s J.D. Hayworth moment this ABC News video utterly contradicts the Republican presidential candidates calls to severely cut government spending. As with J.D. Hayworth – John McCain’s Tea Party challenger in 2010 who was caught in “Free Government Money” informercial which contributed to his election loss – this video may be the metaphorical topper to the ex-governor’s campaign of flip-flopping. Depending on the coverage it receives, Mitt may have essentially shot himself in the foot.
There is a Presidential Debate Watch Party tonight at the Opera House on German Street beginning at 7:30 tonight. The first hour and a half is a “pay what you can” fundraiser for Stephen Skinner, Democratic candidate for State Delegate.
You can get there early and meet Skinner and his associates and sit with your friends in the theater to watch the debate on the big screen.
Hope to see you there.
- 5 things to watch in tonight’s debate (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
Becoming comedians in the support of Catholic Charities at last night’s Al Smith Dinner in NYC, the candidates made fun of each other and of themselves. Here are their respective speeches in their entirety:
- Obama, Romney Trade Zingers at Al Smith Dinner (5min.com)
- An Evening With the Cardinal at the Al Smith Dinner (Not So Grievously Bad) (biltrix.com)
- Video: Cardinal Dolan hosts Obama and Romney at the Al Smith dinner… (c-span.org)
- Mitt Romney’s Wows The Crowd At The Al Smith Dinner~~He Is An True American Patriot! (sallyspoliticalpage.wordpress.com)
- Obama Roasts Himself, Jabs At Romney And Even Elbows Chris Matthews During Al Smith Dinner (mediaite.com)
Certainly, this is a fascinating statement from a famous conservative columnist:
“I think there was a winner in the sense that Barack Obama not only gained ground he lost but he cauterized some wounds that he inflicted on himself by seeming too diffident and disengaged.
“I think as a tactical measure tonight, the president did very well.”
And we’re seeing more Republicans come out of the woodwork with a different view of the President. Very interesting.
- George Will: ‘This Was Immeasurably The Best Debate’ I Have Ever Seen (mediaite.com)
- What the pundits think: Who won tonight’s debate? (shortformblog.com)
I wonder how much Mitt Romney has effected the success of The Book Of Mormon? I don’t think his identity as a Mormon has anything to do with it.
If you missed it last night, here it is:
- You: Stewart/O’Reilly Livestream Crashes (thedailybeast.com)
- Jon Stewart and Bill O’Reilly – “The Rumble in the Air Conditioned Auditorium” – Big Healthcare Discussion at the End About A Single Payer System – Video (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- O’Reilly, Stewart tangle in mock debate (news.yahoo.com)
- Watch: Jon Stewart debates ‘mayor of bullsh*t mountain’ Bill O’Reilly (rawstory.com)
- O’Reilly vs. Stewart: 10 best lines (popwatch.ew.com)
An animation by Simpsons/Family Guy animator Lucas Gray:
Pass it around. It sums up the issues very well…very understandably. Entertaining, too.
- Why Obama Now – Animated short by Simpsons animator Lucas Gary (johndwmacdonald.com)
- Watch a Pro-Obama Video Made by a Simpsons and Family Guy Animator [Video] (gawker.com)
- Why Obama Now (crooksandliars.com)
- Late Night: Snoop Dogg, Cartoon Give Reasons to Vote for Obama (my.firedoglake.com)
Well, the numbers have moved, for the most part in Romney’s favor. It’s amazing what an evening of lies can bring you.
Here are the latest polls from the battleground states, updated as need throughout the day:
Ohio: Obama 50%, Romney 49% (Rasmussen)
Virginia: Romney 48%, Obama 45% (We Ask America)
***Another Poll Update***
National: Obama 47 Romney 47
Florida: Obama 47 Romney 46
Virginia: Obama 48 Romney 46
(Source: National Journal, NBC/WSJ/Marist)
The question has been raised, however, did Romney cheat on the debate. No pre-written notes were allowed at the presidential debate but a video clip shows Mitt Romney pulling something from his pocket at the start of the debate.
The Romney campaign says it was a handkerchief. Take a look and see what you think:
Looks like Romney blows his nose in paper.
- How the debate changed things (and how it didn’t) (washingtonpost.com)
- Obama plays catch-up after TV debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama looking to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Obama seeks to change debate (bigpondnews.com)
- Polls: Obama crushing Romney with swing-state Hispanics (thehill.com)
- Three Reasons Romney Lost the Debate, by @DavidOAtkins (digbysblog.blogspot.com)
It looks like Obama is putting the Mittster on the rack for a roast. I assume this is a key to what will happen in the next debate.
- Mitt Romney Jots Down Ideas For Concession Speech While Obama Talks (theonion.com)
- A relaxed Romney rolls by out-of-sync Obama in first presidential debate (miamiherald.com)
- Denver debate is a presidential wonkfest, send in the fact checkers (denverpost.com)
- Video: Romney fights Obama on $5 trillion tax cut (cbsnews.com)
- Many watch debate; some are pleased, few are moved (sacbee.com)
If you bought into Romney’s moderate image last night, then you ought to be aware that he was leading you on. Here’s media opinion done right after the debate:
These were only a couple of Romney’s falsehoods… there were plenty more.
- His Smile Said It All… (msdrocks.wordpress.com)
- A Narrow Win For Romney (forbes.com)
- Panicking Romney Attempts To Lay Off Debate Moderator (theonion.com)
- Analysis: Romney scores in debate, but will it be enough? – Reuters (reuters.com)
Don’t forget… there’s a Bill O’Reilly vs. Jon Stewart Debate on October 6. It costs $4.95 to hear the 90 minute show live. Hey…cheaper than the movies and probably more entertaining!
- Fox News Tries To Ambush Jon Stewart On Television. They Probably Shouldn’t Have Done That. (upworthy.com)
- Video: Jon Stewart to Debate Bill O’Reilly Oct. 6 (boiseweekly.com)
- Stewart: 47% Gaffe Turns Fox Into ‘Bulls#%t Mountain’ (newser.com)
- Bill O’Reilly Announces 90-Minute Debate Against Jon Stewart (perezhilton.com)
- Bill O’Reilly and Jon Stewart to debate (politico.com)
- Would you pay $4.95 to see Jon Stewart debate Bill O’Reilly? Who will win? (allday.today.com)
Many of us have missed Frank for years and celebrate Zappadan every year. It’s nice to hear from Gail in this season of political madness.
- Vintage Frank Zappa dental health PSAs (osocio.org)
- FRANK ZAPPA: American Composer (musicbyday.com)
- 10 Odd Things You May Not Know About Frank Zappa (spotify.com)
This is pretty stupid for the Tea Party… and female bodies when subjected to rape do not have ways to shut the whole thing down.
This is not the situation that is defined by response by women to the Tea Party view.
- Todd Akin: Claire McCaskill was like a “wildcat” in debate (washingtonpost.com)
- Todd Akin’s wife to GOP: Stop raping my husband! (dailykos.com)
- “The Arbiter For Women”: Todd Akin Just Can’t Seem To “Shut It Down” (mykeystrokes.com)
- Rep. Todd Akin’s comments prove need for sex ed in schools (suntimes.com)
- Rep. Todd Akin Says It’s Rare Women Get Pregnant from ‘Legitimate Rape’ (theatlanticwire.com)
- Todd Akin: ‘Legitimate’ rape victims don’t get pregnant (dailykos.com)
- Claire McCaskill: Todd Akin ‘Makes Michele Bachmann Look Like A Hippie’ (huffingtonpost.com)
Mother Jones has obtained a video from 1985 in which Romney, describing Bain’s formation, showed how he viewed the firm’s mission. He explained that its goal was to identify potential and hidden value in companies, buy significant stakes in these businesses, and then “harvest them at a significant profit” within five to eight years.
The video was included in a CD-ROM created in 1998 to mark the 25th anniversary of Bain & Company, the consulting firm that gave birth to Bain Capital. Here is the full clip, as it appeared on that CD-ROM (the editing occurred within the original).
They rolled a clip of Romney and Ryan in Ohio. Romney introduces Ryan to the crowd and the crowd starts cheering spontaneously “Ryan, Ryan, Ryan!”
Wow! They crowd is fired up! This is the point, right? Right?
But then Romney has a major conflict. He looks at the crowd and at Ryan and then he admonishes the crowd with his hand held up in the HALT position, “Wait a sec, wait a sec! Romney, Ryan, Romney, Ryan, Romney, Ryan.” (Emphasis Romney)Does the crowd comply? No. The crowd falls silent. They are not chanting “Romney Ryan”. Awkward.
Romney seems to think the crowd has complied and says “There we go. That’s great.” Gesturing confusedly back to Ryan, he says, “Thank you.” Ryan fidgets in the background, sticks his hands in his pockets.
Romney is oblivious that he just ruined the one moment of energy they were going to get. Another self inflicted wound.
Want to see what it really looked like so you can experience the morning entertainment for yourself?
- Watching Romney in Ohio, Joe Scarborough Covers Face and Mutters ‘Sweet Jesus’ (politicususa.com)
- Joe Scarborough On Deadly Romney Crowd Reaction: ‘Sweet Jesus!’ Romney A ‘Horrible Politician’ (mediaite.com)
- Scarborough Cries ‘Oh, Sweet Jesus!’ as Romney Fails to Lead Chant (crooksandliars.com)
- Joe Scarborough’s Reaction To Mitt Romney’s Uninspiring Attempt At Enthusiasm Is Priceless (businessinsider.com)
- Ed Schultz Says Mitt Romney Has ‘An Ego Bigger Than Asia’ (mediaite.com)
- Addressing ‘the stench’ (maddowblog.msnbc.com)
- Mitt Romney fails Ohio audition for cheerleader-in-chief as chant fizzles (guardian.co.uk)
Want to know what Massachusetts educators learned from Mitt Romney‘s single term as Massachusetts governor? He forced them into increased classroom sizes, school budget cuts, higher fees and less out-of-school services for students.
As Ronald, a former superintendent from Attleboro, MA explains:
“Governor Romney said that he was not going to cut education. And then the next thing we knew those cuts were made.”
So take a look at this, then tell the Romney supporters you know with school children what they can expect if he gets elected.
- Obama: Romney is a teacher-basher (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
Here’s a 92-Year-Old Veteran’s Must See Poetic Deconstruction of Mitt Romney. I’ll put the complete poem below the video so you can share it with friends.
Mr. Maxwell is a very impressive guy, and he sticks a pin in the Romney balloon that promotes the Republican as having support of the elderly. He doesn’t
WHEREFORE ART THOU, MITT ROMNEY?
by Ralph Maxwell
O, Romney-O, Romney-O,
Wherefore art thou, Mitt Romney?
You flip-flop here, you flip-flop there,
You flip-flop almost ev’rywhere.
You ballyhoo what you’re gonna do
And then you pull a switcheroo;
You now malign what you once found fine;
Seems like you’ve got a jellyfish spine.
Obamacare, by you begun,
Now you’d trash it on day one.
Gun control you did extol,
But now you’re preaching decontrol.
O, Romney-O, Romney-O,
Wherefore art thou, Mitt Romney?
We’ve got no clue what you will do
Or what new view you’ll pander to.
Time was you championed women’s choice,
But you no longer heed their voice;
On gay rights, too, guess you withdrew
Support they once enjoyed from you.
O, Romney-O, Romney-O
Wherefore art thou, Mitt Romney?
So many things that you were for
You’ve turned against and slammed the door.
Stimulus and cap and trade,
Education, foreign aid,
Campaign reform, tarp rescues, too,
All victims of your switcheroo.
You take your stand on shifting sand,
We never know where you will land;
You vacillate, you fabricate,
A wishy-washy candidate.
O, Romney-O, Romney-O,
Wherefore art thou Mitt Romney?
As gov’nor you let taxes rise,
Now ev’ry tax you demonize.
You say regardless of the facts
You’d take an axe to millionaire’s tax;
You’d feed the greed of the richest few
The poor and middle class you’d screw.
Your tax returns you hide from view
What evil there lurks we’ve no clue;
If they’re not bad why hesitate?
Or is it they incriminate?
O, Romney-O, Romney-O,
Wherefore art thou Mitt Romney?
At Bain you plundered with a flair
And walked away a zillionaire.
As a total fraud, Mitt’s got no peer
What we should do is crystal clear:
Let’s give Obama four more years!
Yes, it’s Obama — four more years!
FOUR MORE YEARS! FOUR MORE YEARS!
- Romney endorses “socialism” on 60 Minutes in yet another flip-flop (americablog.com)
- The Largest Compilation Of Mitt Romney Flip Flops (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
- Mitt Romney Flip Flops On Health Care, Again, Within Six Hours – Takes Back What He Said This Morning (alan.com)
- Not breaking: Mitt Romney flip-flops yet again. This time, about a TV show. (dailykos.com)
- The All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Child Protection and The Family Justice Review (researchingreform.wordpress.com)