Sorry to see that Norris Church Mailer has died..
Back in the late seventies, when I was director of the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA, Norris Church Mailer, then the wife (I guess she was his last) of Norman Mailer, was on my fundraising list, as were most NYC celebrities. As I recall she was a very nice woman and mother to one of Mailer’s several children.
Mailer died three years ago and Norris Church Mailer died on Sunday, of gastrointestinal cancer that she had battled for 11 years, in Brooklyn Heights, NY.
She was a former Wilhelmina model who met Mailer while getting an autograph 0n his book on Marilyn Monroe. Her own memoir, “A Ticket to the Circus,” was published earlier this year.
- Norris Church Mailer dead at 61 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- READING AROUND: D.C. arts leaders talk books (politico.com)
- Headlines: November 22, 2010 [Morning Edition] (themorningnews.org)
- Norris Mailer, widow of Norman Mailer, dead at 61 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- They Were Perfect Together (thedailybeast.com)
Posted on November 22, 2010, in Arts, News, Obits, Opinion, Word from Bill and tagged A Ticket to the Circus: A Memoir, Brooklyn Heights, Fine Arts Work Center, Marilyn Monroe, New York, Norman Mailer, Norris Church Mailer, Provincetown Massachusetts. Bookmark the permalink. Comments Off on Sorry to see that Norris Church Mailer has died...