Daily Archives: November 22, 2010
Back in the late seventies, when I was director of the Fine Arts Work Center in Provincetown, MA, Norris Church Mailer, then the wife (I guess she was his last) of Norman Mailer, was on my fundraising list, as were most NYC celebrities. As I recall she was a very nice woman and mother to one of Mailer’s several children.
Mailer died three years ago and Norris Church Mailer died on Sunday, of gastrointestinal cancer that she had battled for 11 years, in Brooklyn Heights, NY.
She was a former Wilhelmina model who met Mailer while getting an autograph 0n his book on Marilyn Monroe. Her own memoir, “A Ticket to the Circus,” was published earlier this year.
- Norris Church Mailer dead at 61 (latimesblogs.latimes.com)
- READING AROUND: D.C. arts leaders talk books (politico.com)
- Headlines: November 22, 2010 [Morning Edition] (themorningnews.org)
- Norris Mailer, widow of Norman Mailer, dead at 61 (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- They Were Perfect Together (thedailybeast.com)
This from an ABC interview… I think it sums things up pretty well:
“The rich are always going to say that, you know, “Just
give us more money, and we’ll go out and spend more,
and then it will all trickle down to the rest of you.”
But that has not worked the last 10 years, and I hope
the American public is catching on.”
Billionaire Warren Buffett
- Warren Buffett: Cut Taxes For Middle And Lower Class; Rich Should Pay Much More (alan.com)
- Warren Buffett: I ‘Should Be Paying A Lot More In Taxes’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Warren Buffett: Please, Raise My Taxes (crooksandliars.com)
- “Warren Buffett tells ABCâ€™s â€˜This Weekâ€™: People like me should be paying a lot more in taxes” and related posts (blogs.orlandosentinel.com)
- Buffett Says Rich Should Pay More (politicalwire.com)
- Buffett Tells ABC Rich People Should Pay Higher Taxes (businessweek.com)
- Warren Buffett: The Rich Should Pay More in Taxes (grantlawrence.blogspot.com)