Daily Archives: November 19, 2010
- Democrats Actually Fighting Back Against Republican Hypocrisy On Health Care (alan.com)
- Joe Crowley Has a Little Fun at Republicans Expense (observer.com)
- Democrats Ask Anti-Health Care Reform GOPers To Forgo Their Own Coverage (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dem to repealers: Skip coverage (politico.com)
John and I had Karen Valentine and Laurel Parker from Source, the new inter-cooperative business on Princess Street in Shepherdstown. A little political and VERRRY local (pushing hard at “buy local” for as many things as you can), they have established themselves as a recycling source (where else can you bring your dead batteries and old panty-hose around here) and a sales area for local crafters, farmers, soapmakers and others.
They are having an opening blast on Sunday at 3:00 and I expect that Elly and I will get there for it. Hope you can, too.
John couldn’t make it to the Mood today, but I needed to say hi to Phil and friends and have a cup of coffee with everyone. Then I’ll get home and work on cleaning the junk out of the cellar.
We are writing to urge you to stand firm against those who would put politics ahead of their country.
We make this request as loyal citizens who now or in the past earned an income of $1,000,000 per year or more.
We have done very well over the last several years. Now, during our nation’s moment of need, we are eager to do our fair share. We don’t need more tax cuts, and we understand that cutting our taxes will increase the deficit and the debt burden carried by other taxpayers. The country needs to meet its financial obligations in a just and responsible way.
Letting tax cuts for incomes over $1,000,000 expire, is an important step in that direction.
…and that from over 40 patriotic Americans.
- “Patriotic millionaires” call for their tax cuts to expire (salon.com)
- Dems Seek Middle-Class Tax Cuts, but ‘the Votes Are Not There’ (politics.blogs.foxnews.com)
- Obama’s First Post-Election Crisis: Can He Appear Strong on Tax Cuts? (politicsdaily.com)