Here’s a great piece by Nathaniel Downes:
Today, the universe just shifted, with the Winston-Salem Journal‘s glowing endorsement of President Obama in his re-election bid. From foreign policy to the economy, the Journal finds Obama the better candidate. They find him strong on defense, capable on education, wise on healthcare. They find Romney weak, inconsistent, and dismissive of the population at large.
In North Carolina? Wow! I’m impressed.
- Republicans Flocking To Obama – President Wins Endorsement From Winston-Salem Journal (addictinginfo.org)
- Winston-Salem Journal endorsing Barack Obama for 2012 election (myfox8.com)
- Your Morning Addiction: Post-Debate LMAO Edition (addictinginfo.org)
- Rockingham commissioner, immigrant activist disagree on ‘joke’ (journalnow.com)
Having received a blog comment from a conservative blogger, I thought I’d look around and see what conservatives are saying… I don’t often do that unless there is an issue that requires it, but this struck me as interesting.
“This guy appears to be a communist. His beliefs are the liberal of the liberals. There is no evidence whatsoever that this man was influenced by Sarah Palin or anybody in the Republican Party. This man is not a conservative; he’s a fan of communism – that’s the opposite of conservatism… I don’t think members of Congress incite that kind of rhetoric – I don’t think the things we say incite that kind of behavior. And I don’t know that the things other people say incite it. I just think we have deranged individuals in this country and occasionally they do bad things.”
“I believe we have more to fear from the potential of that (health overhaul) bill passing than we do from any terrorist right now in any country.”
- Rep. Virginia Foxx Leading The House’s Education Committee Is Bad For The Tyler Clementis Out There (queerty.com)
- Thursday’s Mini-Report (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Bob Samuels: Congress Puts a Fox in Charge of the Higher Ed Henhouse (huffingtonpost.com)