Sometimes bloggers do poor research… especially conservative bloggers. Not that I am worried about the blog competition, but here’s a neat piece I found on The Fifth Column:
A conservative blogger’s recent attempt to sandbag Pulitzer Prize-winning syndicated columnist Connie Schultz proved to be an epic failure — and the only thing saving him from public embarrassment is Schultz’s own grace.
The story begins on July 9, says Schultz, when she received an email from the inquiring blogger, who promptly misspelled the name of the author, former columnist for the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, and winner of the 2004 Pulitzer for commentary:
Dear Ms. Shultz,We are doing an expose on journalists in the elite media who socialize with elected officials they are assigned to cover. We have found numerous photos of you with Sen. Sherrod Brown. In one of them, you appear to be hugging him.
Care to comment?
Uh oh, you might think. Soon she’ll have to defend herself from allegations of being overly cozy with a subject she reports on. Well — not quite.
On July 10, she replied with this:
Dear Mr. [Name Deleted]:I am surprised you did not find a photo of me kissing U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown so hard he passes out from lack of oxygen. He’s really cute.
He’s also my husband.
You know that, right?
Brown and Schultz have been married since 2004, as even a cursory Google search or glance through either one’s Wikipedia page would show. She recounted the amusing tale on Facebook and noted that as of Tuesday she hadn’t received a response.
- A Reporter’s Failed Attempt To Sandbag Connie Schultz (tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Conservative Blogger Outraged Over Senator Showing Affection To His Wife (huffingtonpost.com)
- Conservative Blogger Catches Reporter Hugging Senator Who Happens To Be Her Husbamd (outsidethebeltway.com)
- I Wonder Who’s The Mystery Blogger In This Post? (sinclairwatch.wordpress.com)
- Sen. Sherrod Brown’s Wife Makes Conservative Blogger Look Silly (usnews.com)
- Conservative blogger’s ‘gotcha!’ fails (jimromenesko.com)
- Gotcha Story Idea Backfires On Conservative Blogger (npr.org)
- Columnist Accused of Being Too Cozy With Own Husband (nymag.com)
This article is from Little Green Footballs (which has always been a VERY Conservative Blog):
Palin Fans Trying to Edit Wikipedia Paul Revere PageRight wing alternate history
Man, you’ve gotta almost admire the sheer blind dedication of Sarah Palin’s wingnut acolytes.
Now they’re trying like crazy to edit the Wikipedia page for “Paul Revere” to make it match Palin’s botched version of history. Here’s the Revision history of Paul Revere; check out the edits that are being reversed.
Also see the discussion page for an entertaining exchange between Wikipedia editors and a would-be revisionist.Hat tip: BoingBoing.
- Palin Fans Try To Edit Paul Revere Wikipedia Page To Reflect Her Version Of History (alan.com)
- Sarah Palin: I was right about Paul Revere (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Palin’s gaffe about Paul Revere caused her worshipers to try to edit mistake into Wikipedia (crooksandliars.com)
- Sarah Palin Supporters Attempted To Edit Wikipedia Page On Paul Revere (huffingtonpost.com)
- Palin Fans Desperately Trying to Edit History to Support Palin’s Paul Revere Mistake (inquisitr.com)
- Because, sure, why not … Apparently someone tried to edit Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere comments INTO the man’s Wikipedia page. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Doublethink? Palin Fans Attempt To Rewrite Paul Revere’s Wikipedia Page To Match Her Description (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin Fans Trying To Rewrite Wikipedia History Of Paul Revere’s Ride To Match Her Crazy Version (thenewspundit.com)
I got a kick out of this (a new way to view an old fiction):
- A Digital Story of the Nativity For the Holidays (ducknetweb.blogspot.com)
- “The Digital Story of the Nativity” by Excentric (otterman.wordpress.com)
- Filler Christmas Video Week: The Digital Story of the Nativity (bwmedia.wordpress.com)
- The Digital Story of Christmas (socyberty.com)