… or “What do you expect when you get cheap design?” In Vermont they apparently use convicts for their design work.
Spot the PIG
Thanks to All Hat, No Cattle.
What if some day the Supreme Court didn’t support Corporations over Citizens?
What if some day the Senate and the House put our country first and the lobbyists a distant tenth?
What if all Billionaires begged the government to tax them at the same rates that Ronald Reagan did?
What if ALL workers, teachers, firemen, police officers, public employees and salespeople were encouraged to join Unions by receiving significant tax perqs?
What if everyone in government believed they were working “in service” to America and not to themselves?
- Thomas’s ongoing ethics problem, and Chris Murphy’s potential solution (dailykos.com)
- Stepping Toward Single Payer in the Green Mountain State (hcfama.org)
- Why Daydreamers May Become Visionaries (eideneurolearningblog.blogspot.com)
- Another Useless Friday Daydream (goodcomics.comicbookresources.com)
Looks like another hot day in Shepherdstown as we wait for the rain (30% chance this afternoon, 50% tonight, 60% tomorrow). Yesterday it was up to 95° and felt like it was going up to 100° when I was out walking the dogs.
Elly will spend time out in the gardens today with her wide brimmed straw hat looking like a lady farmer. I think she enjoys the heat.
The coming weekend has more for me to do… Tomorrow morning, on WSHC, John and I have Delegate Doyle coming in to the show and a friend of John’s calling in from Vermont to talk about their new single-payer health care system. If you can tune in locally, we’re at 89.7 FM. If you are farther out (anywhere in the world, actually) you can get us at http://www.897wshc.org. 7:30 to 9:00 AM.
Friday night there is a meeting to throw ideas around for the Rube Carnival that G. Bradley Sanders is throwing at The Folly in August. This is my first time meeting with the group (Bradley and I had coffee at Mellow Moods the other day) and I’m looking forward to it.
Saturday morning is Morgan’s Grove Market and I’ll be wandering around… probably settling down over at the Four Seasons Bookstore booth. If you see m there, say Hi.
Then, on Sunday, Elly and I are taking two of our grandsons, John and Jason, to DC to go to the Air and Space Museum. So it looks like the Weekend plans are complete.
- What is Wrong With you People? (wdednh.wordpress.com)
- Tommy Doulgas takes Vermont (macleans.ca)
- Economix: Vermont’s Move Toward Single-Payer Health Insurance (economix.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Yea! Vermont Passes Single Payer Health Care Bill (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Blue Skies Spring Look (brooklynagriculture.wordpress.com)
- Professional Earth Eternal Gold Seller Told What Y – Changzhou, China (travelpod.com)
He makes it SO clear! Everyone should hear him. The Republicans are building a world for the Rich by funding it with the scraps the Middle Class has been left with. And after that, what will we be left with? Does NOTHING sound familiar?
Take 12 minutes and listen to Bernie:
- Bernie Sanders: An Extraordinarily Unfair Budget (via Dandelion Salad) (reclaimamericafromthelunaticfringe.wordpress.com)
- Bernie Sanders: An Extraordinarily Unfair Budget (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- MSNBC’s Cenk Uygur Confronts Sen. Bernie Sanders On Dem Recoil In Budget Battle (mediaite.com)
- Reason.tv: Bernie Sanders’ War on Chinese Bobbleheads! (reason.com)
- Howard Dean Views Tea Party As “Last Gasp Of The 55-Year-Old Generation” (mediaite.com)
- Howard Dean: Tea Party is racist or something. Also warns Palin can win (riehlworldview.com)
- Howard Dean On Morning Joe: The Tea Party Leadership Is “Fraudulent” (mediaite.com)
I watched a lot of the 8 1/2 hours that Bernie lectured the Senate in his epic “filibuster” on the proposed tax cut extension. Here is a really precise quote:
“But it is not just a disastrous trade policy that has brought us where we are today. The immediate cause of this crisis, and it gets me just sick talking about it … is what the crooks on Wall Street have done to the American people.”
– Senator Bernie Sanders (D – Vermont)
Whether his long speech will make a difference we will have to wait and see on Monday when the proposal comes up in the Senate. I hope people have called and emailed their Senators supporting Bernie’s position.
- Bernie Sanders’ epic tax cut filibuster rant (salon.com)
- Sen. Bernie Sanders is my hero (horsesass.org)
- Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders Is Filibustering – For Real – Barack Obama’s Tax Capitulation (slog.thestranger.com)
- Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders Begins “Tax Cut Filibuster” (outsidethebeltway.com)
- “Bernie Sanders Filibuster” and related posts (themudflats.net)