Newsweek will discontinue it’s printed edition with the December 31st Issue. All of Newsweek’s information and branded publications will be on line after that, making it the leading news publication to make its entire presence on the web.
The all digital format is being adopted after more than 80 years in print. Newsweek Global, as the all-digital publication will be named, will be a single, worldwide edition targeted for a highly mobile, opinion-leading audience who want to learn about world events in a sophisticated context. It will be a paid subscription site (like the NY Times) and will be available on both tablets and the Web, with select content available on its current bl9g, The Daily Beast. The Daily Beast, which depends on Newsweek’s editorial content, now attracts more than 15 million visitors a month.
Tina Brown is the editor-in-chief of The Daily Beast and Newsweek. Baba Shetty is CEO of The Newsweek Daily Beast Co.
- A Turn of the Page for Newsweek (thedailybeast.com)
- Newsweek to cease print edition (bbc.co.uk)
- Newsweek going digital-only by year-end (todayonline.com)
- After 80 Years, Newsweek Is Abandoning Print (businessinsider.com)
- Newsweek ending print edition, job cuts expected (miamiherald.com)
- Big news on the publishing front: Newsweek is going all-digital, two years after its merger with The Daily Beast. (shortformblog.com)
- Newsweek Will Stop Print Edition, Go All-Digital Next Year [Newsweek] (gizmodo.com)
This a very partial fragment… go into Vanity Fair on the link below and read it all.
- Maryland House Votes For Moratorium On Shale Gas Development And Fracking (desmogblog.com)
- Fight Fracking in Illinois! (rabbibrant.com)
- Do 110 Pennsylvania Legislators Not Read The New York Times? (desmogblog.com)
- FRACKING HELL: The True Cost of America’s Gas Rush (Video) (desmogblog.com)
- Lawmakers seek to ban ‘fracking’ (nj.com)
- The Next Significant Environmental Issue in New York: Marcellus Shale Drilling (newdayunderwriting.wordpress.com)
- “Fracking” Dangers in the News … Again (thewmeacblog.org)
From Pruning Shears:
What… you gave the Koch’s your bucks at the grocery store this week?
Well, don’t make that mistake again!
Learn the facts about the Koch Brothers here in Jane Mayer’s New Yorker Article.
Learn more in David Dayen’s FireDogLake piece.
- Georgia-Pacific to Distribute Financial Information for Third Quarter 2010 on Nov. 12 (prnewswire.com)
- Port Hudson, La., Site Selected for Portion of Georgia-Pacific $500 Million Investment in Advanced Papermaking Technology (prnewswire.com)