Time to get out there with your Sweetie and have a great day and a delightful evening. A great day to stop thinking about politics and corruption and such (although I’m sure I won’t) and just enjoy yourselves.
- Valentine’s Day tips (writeontheworld.wordpress.com)
- Crazy Valentine (laughonline.wordpress.com)
- Happy Valentine to everyone (daphnegan.wordpress.com)
- In defence of Valentine’s day (thefonduefiles.wordpress.com)
- A Valentine For You (thesmartcookiecook.com)
- Will You Be My Valentine? (thingstocherish.wordpress.com)
- Happy Valentine’s Day (naughtyney.wordpress.com)
On the 1,515th Valentine’s Day we are looking at a lot less love for working classes…Obama is getting ready to put in his budget cut proposals and it looks like the folks who are going to be asked to hold their breaths and take the biggest cuts are those of us on the bottom.
This from the Associated Press:
Less than two months after signing tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans into law, President Barack Obama proposed a spending plan to Congress that cuts funding to programs that assist the working poor, help the needy heat their homes, and expand access to graduate-level education, undermining the kind of community-based organizations that helped Obama launch his political career in Chicago.
Now here is what I want to know…since the Tax Cut deal Obama supported and got through is going to give us a $1.6 Trillion deficit, and our Federal Revenues will be greatly reduced because of the cut, what will keep us functioning? Part of the budget proposal swings more responsibility to the States:
“To help employers keep workers on the job, the Budget will encourage States to expand use of short-time compensation… Also known as work-sharing, this voluntary employer program helps firms retain workers by reducing employees’ weekly hours instead of laying them off. Workers with reduced hours receive a partial unemployment check to supplement their reduced paycheck.”
From what I understand, however, the States don’t have a big income source either. I look at West Virginia especially. We are one of 45 States who are not going to make our State Budget this year. Very few of the funds from the Recovery Act are available after August 2011.
I have an idea… let’s bring back some of the taxes on the top 2% of our citizens and write of this problem once and for all. I’m not opposed to taking my cut here as long as those rich types get their incomes cut, too.
This is neat… and you know how much we like Stephen Fry:
Have a nice weekend (and remember that Monday is Valentine’s Day.)
- A Musical Request to Have Stephen Fry’s Baby (wired.com)
- Stephen Fry trip to Japan cancelled after atomic-bomb joke (thestar.com)
- Mrs Stephen Fry on Stephen Fry (guardian.co.uk)
- Beeb say sorry for Stephen Fry A-bomb quip (go.theregister.com)
- Stephen Fry returns to Twitter to say women do like sex (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Don’t quit Twitter, Stephen Fry (popwatch.ew.com)
- Observer portrays me as the antichrist, says Stephen Fry (newstatesman.com)
Stay away from Archie McPhee…
(I apologize… couldn’t resist.)
- His and Her Tongue Scrapers (laughingsquid.com)
- Bizarre Breath Fresheners – Archie McPhee Flavored Mints will Drive Away Your Date (GALLERY) (trendhunter.com)
- Oozing anatomically correct cake-hearts for Valentine’s Day (boingboing.net)
- Savanna Valentine’s Day Savannagrams (10and5.com)