It looked last week like Linda McMahon (who I once worked for when she and her husband, Vince, owned the Cape Cod Coliseum) and Attorney General Richard Blumenthal were a virtual toss-up for Senate in my old home state of Connecticut. Then McMahon revealed her lack of knowledge of what the minimum wage was as she campaigned to revise it and all of a suddenthings have shifted.
As I understand it, McMahon has just released a TV commercial (prior to this evenings debate) bringing up Blumenthal’s misstatement on his overseas military experience… but it doesn’t look like this is really helping Mrs. Wrestling.
From Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire:
With their first debate scheduled for tonight, a new Public Policy Polling survey in Connecticut shows Richard Blumenthal (D) leading Linda McMahon (R) in the U.S. Senate race by 12 points, 53% to 41%.
Blumenthal’s favorability rating is 53/39, while McMahon’s is the opposite, 39/59.
- Linda McMahon Bodyslams Blumenthal With Ad About Vietnam War Comments (VIDEO) (huffingtonpost.com)
- How Old Is Linda McMahon? (politicsdaily.com)
- National Dems bash McMahon in Conn. Senate race ad (sfgate.com)
O’Donnell has achieved what no one thought would happen a couple of weeks ago… a chance for a Democrat to hold onto the Senate seat once held by Joe Biden.
Here’s a clip:
- Delaware Senate: Coons 53% O’Donnell 42% (outsidethebeltway.com)
- The first post-primary poll in Delaware (redstate.com)
- Color It Blue? (talkingpointsmemo.com)