From CNN Business:
“The State Department expects to issue over 6,000 “investor visas” in the current fiscal year, which would be an all-time record. Other countries, meanwhile, are following the U.S.’s lead, keen to spur growth in lean economic times.”
And Politicus USA summarizes:
The Dow Jones has increased 85% from 2009-2012, the S&P 500 has increased 98% since Obama took office, and corporate profits after taxes have increased 68% since President Obama took his oath. Now finally, Obama has turned this economy around from losing 750,000 jobs a month in the first quarter of 2009, to averaging growth of 150,000 jobs per month. So either foreign investors are really stupid to invest in America, when they could be investing more in Brazil, Russia and China or they see amazing economic strength coming down the pipe for America!
How much investment in America has Mitch McConnell (or John Boehner) or Mitt Romney brought in?
From what I can see: nothing.
- Citizenship for sale: Foreign investors flock to U.S. – Yahoo! Finance (nadernazemi.com)
- Chronicling Mitt’s Mendacity, Vol. XXI (maddowblog.msnbc.msn.com)
- China could owe America one trillion dollars (chinadailymail.com)
- CNN On Solyndra Loan: Bush Started It, There’s No Evidence of Wrongdoing, And Romney’s Attacks Are Made Up (thinkprogress.org)
Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has the ability to stop Koch Industries, Inc. from profiting off a pipeline that would carry the dirtiest oil on Earth through six states, one of America’s most important aquifers and almost 2,000 miles of American homes and farmland. Help us reach our goal of 50,000 individuals telling Secretary Clinton to say No to the Kochs and Yes to protecting Americans at http://kochbrothersexposed.com/tellclintonno.
- Robert Greenwald: Sec. Clinton Has A Choice: Protect Americans or Profit The Kochs (huffingtonpost.com)
- Green: Demanding Hillary Clinton’s E-Mail – Now (green.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Here is an example of how Americans REALLY feel about the Koch Brothers and the upper 1% (iflizwerequeen.com)
- “Waxman to Koch Industries: “Are you now or have you ever been a capitalist?”” and related posts (knowledgeproblem.com)
America had a very great loss this week with the death of Ambassador Richard Holbrooke, 69, The Bulldozer, who served this country as a negotiator and State Department problem solver for nearly five decades. Known for the Dayton Accords which ended the Bosnia conflict, at the time of his death during 20 hours of surgery for a torn aorta he had been working on the AfPak portfolio… solving the Afghanistan/Pakistan conflict diplomatically.
The Washington Post reports that Holbrooke’s last words came just before the 21-hour operation:
As Holbrooke was sedated for surgery, his final words were to his Pakistani surgeon, family members said: “You’ve got to stop this war in Afghanistan.”
- Richard C. Holbrooke Dead at 69 (seattlepi.com)
- Obama pays tribute to Richard Holbrooke (bbc.co.uk)
- Veteran US diplomat Richard Holbrooke dies at 69 (nowpublic.com)
- “Richard Holbrooke Dead from Heart Surgery Complications” and related posts (rajeev2004.blogspot.com)
- An Homage To Richard Holbrooke & To Diplomacy (themoderatevoice.com)
- Richard Holbrooke has died (dailykos.com)
- Richard Holbrooke Dead At 69 (alan.com)
- US diplomat Richard Holbrooke dies at 69 (thejc.com)
- What is the legacy of the late diplomat Richard Holbrooke? (politico.com)