Several have asked what caused the the accident and the best I can say is “I don’t know.” Essentially I had a blackout seizure and when I finally realized where I was I was 30 miles down the road having hit two cars and a power line. When I noticed a police car behind me and I pulled over, I had no idea what was going on, or that the whole front of my car was just about gone.
Somewhere in the course of the accident I lost my Superfocus glasses… I terrible loss for me. We don’t know yet of the insurance covers the loss as part of the accident.
Anyway, they’re not likely to let me drive again unless they can figure out what causes the seizures (apparently I’ve had a couple of other ones, not while driving, over the last couple of years. Most of these include lapses of time that I don’t remember, either.)
So my computer and I will continue to travel the world… but I won’t be getting out of the yard unless someone else takes me.
- Secy Bryson ‘Seizures’ a Real Head Scratcher (abcnews.go.com)
- Seizures: When ‘electrical brainstorm’ hits (cnn.com)
…but this past week my record was shattered…as was my car and (almost) me, too.
It started last Friday when I was driving down to the Apple Store in Bethesda to get the trackpad fixed on my MacBookPro. On the way I had a car accident (if you don’t mind I’ll leave out the details) which put me in the Hospital for four days. I’m OK now…a little ribcage pain where the airbag hit… and looking forward to restarting things.
My mother and sister took care of my laptop… just got it back an hour ago… and I can get back to Under The LobsterScope. At least some things work out.
There’ll be some new posts pretty soon… just give me a chance to get it together again.
From USA Today:
Wrestler Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage, the Slim Jim pitchman known for his raspy-voiced “Ohh yeah” catch phrase, died in a car accident today in Seminole, Fla., possibly after suffering a heart attack, WTSP reports.
READ: Official accident report
It says the accident report indicates that he may have suffered a “medical event” before the crash, but that a final ruling would depend on the results of an autopy.
I remember photographing Randy Savage back in my early commercial photography days covering the wrestlers of the, then, WWF (now the WWE). Goodbye, Randy. You were, at the very least, a great entertainer.
- Pro Wrestler Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage Dies in Car Accident, Report Says – Fox News (news.google.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage: Dead from Heart Attack, Car Accident (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- TMZ report: Macho Man Randy Savage dies in car accident (tmz.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident (1952 – 2011) (thesuperficial.com)
- Pro Wrestler ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage Dies in Car Accident (newsfeed.time.com)
- Macho Man Randy Savage, 1952-2011 (withleather.uproxx.com)
- Wrestling Superstar Randy ‘Macho Man’ Savage Dies in Car Crash [Video] (gawker.com)
- The Wheels of Justice (Scalia): Will Nino Fight His Traffic Ticket? (abovethelaw.com)
- Justice Scalia Gets Caught in a Fender-Bender (abovethelaw.com)
- Scalia in fender-bender on way to court (seattletimes.nwsource.com)