“I’m just hoping that the president sticks to what he said in Iowa during the campaign, and throughout the campaign, that he was drawing the line at $250,000.”
– Tom Harken (D – Iowa)
However, don’t be surprised if Obama backs down and gives the Millionaires and Billionaires big tax cuts beyond $250,000.00 thinking the Republicans will give him unemployment assistance and a variety of expiring tax breaks for low-wage and middle-income workers as part of any deal.
- Heading off tax increases; resolution taking shape – Houston Chronicle (news.google.com)
- Tax cut, jobless aid take shape (philly.com)
- Tax Cuts Likely to Be Extended Temporarily (online.wsj.com)
- Deal Near, Senate Plans Vote on Dem Tax Cuts (foxnews.com)
- Weeked vote set for tax cuts (capitolhillblue.com)