We wake up to disappointing news from Wisconsin:
|Walker , Scott (i)||GOP||1,331,076||53%|
|Barrett , Tom||Dem||1,158,337||46%|
While Barrett took the cities (where there has been the strongest action by the Walker Administration to
eliminate Union influence), Scott Walker took everything else.
There is some other news, however. One of the State Senate seats previously held by Republicans was filled by a Democrat,thus bringing a new majority to that body. This may help prevent more of Walker.s cutting actions in the next couple of years.
Dismal morning… I’m going back to bed.
- Republican Scott Walker Wins Wisconsin Recall Election (mediaite.com)
- Barrett vs. Walker – Wisconsin’s Recall Fiasco (socyberty.com)
- Voter suppression by “Walker allies” or last-minute, uncheckable smear by Barrett people? (althouse.blogspot.com)
It looks like the numbers are favoring Scott Walker as Wisconsinites go to the polls this morning for the recall election. This is going to be an example of how effective millions of dollars of out-of-state money from the likes of the Koch brothers can be against locally raised funds.
Perhaps we are losing what has historically been a liberal state to unbelievable right wing lies. I hope not.
It would be a revival of pure democracy if Walker lost. Keep your fingers crossed.
- WI-Gov: Buyer’s remorse for Scott Walker (dailykos.com)
- New Poll Shows Wisconsin Voters With Buyers’ Remorse (slog.thestranger.com)
- Wisconsin Do Over? (politicalwire.com)
- 10 Things You Didn’t Know About Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (usnews.com)
- The heroes in the Wisconsin Story (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Wisconsin union files unfair labor practices charge against Walker (+ link to full complaint) (wilderside.wordpress.com)