We’re entering the last week before the November 2nd election and Tim Kaine, the Democratic Party Chair, is seeing advanced Democratic presence in the states where there is early voting… especially in Nevada… which does not seem to equal the current poll of Independents who are leaning Republican.
The President is crossing the country again making even more campaign support speeches for Democrats and the concern seems to be not with Independents, but to make sure a majority of registered Democrats from the 2008 victory come out to vote.
We seem to be having a large Democratic turnout in the Jefferson County, WV, early voting… including Elly and me… but I know from the past that Jefferson County is more liberal than most of the state and often presents a different result. Hopefully, however, Governor Manchin will take the Senate if people realize what a danger Raese is to the state. WE can hope… the polls are too close.
I encourage all the Democrats out there (and all the Independents who have not been suckered in by the Tea Party/Republican positions and statements) to vote and vote early if possible (in my state you have Early Voting until Thursday.) There is too much left to do to bring the Country back from the 8-year Bush destructiveness. There is no need to dig the hole deeper.
- Will Republicans Take Control Of Congress In Midterm Elections? Michael Steele, Tim Kaine Debate GOP ‘Wave’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Tim Kaine: Democrats will keep control of the House (crooksandliars.com)
- “Republican, Democratic party chiefs see victory in battle for the House” and related posts (blogs.reuters.com)
- Tim Kaine Urgently Calls Out Democratic Base (politicsdaily.com)
- Democratic Chairman Kaine sees Sen. Reid victory (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- DNC Chairman Tim Kaine Optimistic About November For Democrats (huffingtonpost.com)