“No. I think civil rights are for blacks. What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven’t even been in this country.”
Is it any wonder that Ms. Coulter has such a conservative following?
- Ann Coulter: Democrats ignoring blacks, courting Hispanics (news.yahoo.com)
- Ann Coulter Claims “Civil Rights Are For Blacks” (lezgetreal.com)
- Ann Coulter: Civil rights are only ‘for blacks’ (thegrio.com)
- Ann Coulter: ‘Civil rights are for blacks – what have we done to the immigrants?’ (thegreatone22.wordpress.com)
- Ann Coulter says immigration reform isn’t a civil right; libs diminish civil rights, hurl venom, hate (twitchy.com)
- Ann Coulter Claims Only Black People Have Civil Rights (VIDEO) (addictinginfo.org)
A bill making changes to the health-care overhaul cleared the House of Representatives on Sunday night after 11:45 PM by a vote of 220-211.
House lawmakers approved the Reconciliation Bill after approving the original Senate health bill and sending it to President Barack Obama to sign.
Among the changes are an expansion of subsidies to buy insurance and a delay in a tax on high-value health plans.
Harry Reid says they will get it through this week… and, of course, the Republicans are already setting up to defeat it. At this point I wonder if they can.
“We’ll have the votes when the House votes, I think, within the next week. Whoever sits here at this time next week, I think will not be talking about health care as a proposal, but as the law of the land.”
– Press Secretary Robert Gibbs on Fox News Sunday
One would hope!
A few goodies this week:
1.) Mike Luckovich in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution:
This one made my Groundhog Day…
– and –
Joel Pett in the Lexington Herald-Leader:
Quite an accurate picture of the Republican response to bipartisanship…
– and –
John Trever in The Albuquerque Journal
Budget figure problems are all in your point of view.