OK. We’re in the middle of packing and getting ready to take off for Milwaukee. I’m getting clothes together and my pills and other medications, my computer and everything else I need to get to Buddy’s wedding. The dogs have been put in a nearby kennel for their “dog vacation,” and I miss them already.
The pain from my broken bones has gotten so much better that I think I will get through this trip okay. We have arranged for wheelchair transport at the railroad stations, one where we change trains in Chicago and the when we get into Milwaukee, so I should be able to get around with luggage.
Let me warn my regular readers at Under The LobsterScope that I may be missing some posts as we travel. The railroad stations already list that they don’t have Wi-Fi and I’m not sure what the situation will be at the hotel. I will try to get at least one post a day out, preferably with pictures. This should have many interesting scenes worth showing on the blog.
We will be on the road from this evening until Tuesday morning after which will be back in West Virginia and ready to start my regular schedule. I hope everyone has a nice weekend.
2. White terrorists are “troubled loners.” Other terrorists are always suspected of being part of a global plot, even when they are obviously troubled loners.
3. Doing a study on the danger of white terrorists at the Department of Homeland Security will get you sidelined by angry white Congressmen. Doing studies on other kinds of terrorists is a guaranteed promotion.
4. The family of a white terrorist is interviewed, weeping as they wonder where he went wrong. The families of other terrorists are almost never interviewed.
5. White terrorists are part of a “fringe.” Other terrorists are apparently mainstream.
6. White terrorists are random events, like tornadoes. Other terrorists are long-running conspiracies.
7. White terrorists are never called “white.” But other terrorists are given ethnic affiliations.
8. Nobody thinks white terrorists are typical of white people. But other terrorists are considered paragons of their societies.
9. White terrorists are alcoholics, addicts or mentally ill. Other terrorists are apparently clean-living and perfectly sane.
10. There is nothing you can do about white terrorists. Gun control won’t stop them. No policy you could make, no government program, could possibly have an impact on them. But hundreds of billions of dollars must be spent on police and on the Department of Defense, and on TSA, which must virtually strip search 60 million people a year, to deal with other terrorists.
There. Doesn’t that make everything clearer?
- Watch “MSM Conditioning Public for “White” Domestic Terrorist with Shootings” on YouTube (hwnsurf.me)
- Two White Terroristic Cops Tasered A Deaf Innocent Black Female Who Called For Help And Is Jailed For Nearly 3 Days Without An Interpreter (innerstandingisness.wordpress.com)
- A Double Standard of Terrorism (jodylancastle.wordpress.com)
- FBI: Right-wing terror is real (salon.com)
- The top 10 illiberal, uninformed and racist comments of the Guardian’s latest star, Juan Cole (cifwatch.com)
- Brutish White Terrorist Jailed For The Murder Of A Non-White Student (innerstandingisness.wordpress.com)
- Republicans Blasted Obama Administration For Warning About Right-Wing Domestic Terrorism (thinkprogress.org)
…and, of course, there are loonies who don’t believe it…
– and –
…almost invisible if you’re Pakastani…
– and –
Kevin Siers in the Charlotte Observer:
… in your dreams…
– and –
Joel Pett in the Lexington Herald Leader:
…of course for some…like Republicans… nothing is good enough…
– and –
Lee Judge in the Kansas City Star:
… and a salute to the Eagle Team.
- Osama bin Laden cartoon for the ladies. (psychologytoday.com)
- Al-qaeda Vows to Avenge The Death of Osama Bin Laden (socyberty.com)
- Osama bin Laden raid: Four fresh twists in the story (csmonitor.com)
- People not buying Osama Bin Laden’s Death (frankpaulgambino.com)
- Chris Hedges: Osama bin Laden’s death will lead to only more terrorism (via Dandelion Salad) (richardemanuel.wordpress.com)
- Osama bin Laden’s Last Tweet (humpdayreport.wordpress.com)
- “Osama bin Laden’s Wife Reveals More Details From Raid” and related posts (talkleft.com)
I woke up this morning to the news I should have heard last night (I went to bed early) – Osama Bin Laden has been killed in a U.S. strike ordered by Barack Obama and based on US Intelligence. This was actually done on April 29th in an action that was kept in tight secrecy. It is notable that not even the Pakistanis were informed that this was going to happen (in the past, every time they were informed of such an action, Bin Laden curiously escaped just in time to save himself.)
From early reports, Bin Laden was shot in the head by a Navy Seal and, reportedly, he was hiding behind a woman at the time. The attack was made by four helicopters and a small team. No Americans were harmed. The US took custody of Bin Laden’s body after the attack and then followed Islamic law by having him buried at sea so that no tomb could be made on land… since Bin Laden was not a sailor, but the burial at sea was a traditional burial of an enemy.
This attack plan began in June of 2009 when Obama ordered CIA director Leon Panetta to have as his primary goal locating Bin Laden. The plan was kept in complete secrecy – even from members of Congress – and no information was leaked before its occurence.
My wife’s comment this morning was “This will get Obama reelected.”
- White House: Osama Bin Laden is Dead (benzinga.com)
- Osama Bin Laden killed in Pakistan (pakistanic.com)
- US kills Osama bin Laden (prolificmovementblog.com)
- Morning Read: Osama Bin Laden (observer.com)
- Osama bin Laden killed by U.S. Navy Seals – No American Fatalities (devil67712.wordpress.com)
- Food for conspiracy theories – Osama bin Laden “buried” at sea (ktwop.wordpress.com)
- Al Qaeda Leader Osama Bin Laden Killed (news.sky.com)
- CNN: Osama bin Laden killed, U.S. has body (nj.com)
- Osama Bin Laden Dead, Body In US Custody, Obama Makes Statement, Interrupts Sunday Night TV (wtpotus.wordpress.com)
- Bin Laden compound on fire (wdsi.wordpress.com)
- Osama Bin Laden death Photo (pakistanic.com)