I have to get to my daughter’s house before 10 AM with all my clothes and meds packed to get down to Georgetown to the hotel by the hospital. I’ll bring my laptop and hopefully I can review the news or arts events and have another post for my friends later.
My thoughts are all tied up with this brain surgery and I’m not even exploring the Susan Rice SOS nomination… something I would ordinarily be dwelling on. Or Netanyahu‘s new attack on Gaza which is likely to bring us even farther into Middle East hostilities. You’ll have to trot around to the sites I regularly quote to keep up with everything.
Soooo…Have a nice day and occasionally think of me. -Bill
- Israeli military, Gaza militants trade fire (sfgate.com)
- Israel aircraft strike Gaza Strip; Netanyahu warns of major confrontation (vindy.com)
- Israel strike on Gaza sets stage for new phase of long running conflict (telegraph.co.uk)
- US defends Israeli attacks on Gaza at emergency UN meeting (dawn.com)
- 3D camera for brain surgery a big leap forward (thestar.com)
“Silly, sexist me. Yesterday, I associated military action against Libya with testosterone. As the New York Times reports today, the pressure for action came Hillary Clinton, UN Ambassador Susan Rice and the NSC human rights expert Samantha Power–with the macho boys over at the Pentagon opposed. This may be a first in American history, a welcome one I might add–although I remain extremely skeptical about military action and heartened that the President seems intent on letting other countries take the lead.”
- Women Warriors (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- “French Jets Strike Libyan Forces, Attack Tanks, Crowds Cheer; Hillary Clinton Influential in Decision to Attack” and related posts (globaleconomicanalysis.blogspot.com)
- Hillary was key to decision to take military action in Libya (americablog.com)
- Split White House on Libya (politicalwire.com)
- Balance of powers (themoll.wordpress.com)
- This Is Not A War (andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com)