This from Ben Smith at Politico:
On her victory lap of Iowa yesterday, Straw Poll winner Rep. Michele Bachmann paid repeated tribute to her local roots, and repeatedly mentioned her family reunion that day, citing it as an excuse for her late arrival at a local party event in Waterloo.
But Bachmann’s mother and two cousins told POLITICO’s Emily Schultheis that Bachmann didn’t attend the reunion, though her husband and children did. Her spokeswoman, Alice Stewart, didn’t respond to two emails asking for an explanation of the disparity.
So who was she having a secret meeting with? God?
- Michele Bachmann lies about own family reunion? (dailykos.com)
- Michele Bachmann Caught Lying About Family Reunion [Politics] (jezebel.com)
- Disgusting Michelle Bachmann Photo: An Example of the Left’s Evil & Their Desperation (via Short Little Rebel) (wdednh.wordpress.com)
“Michele Bachmann won a straw poll of Iowa Republicans Saturday, confirming her status as the front runner for the 2012 Republican presidential nomination in the state that kicks off the real voting next winter.
“Bachmann, a U.S. representative from Minnesota, edged out Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. Former Gov. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota finished a distant third, a disappointment for a man who freely invested time and money in search of a strong showing to boost his flagging campaign.”
- Michele Bachmann Wins Ames, Iowa Straw Poll (crooksandliars.com)
- dcdecoder: It’s almost decision time in Ames, Iowa, where many… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Santorum: Happy With 4th Place in Iowa Straw Poll (blogs.wsj.com)