The class will be held on Tuesdays from 6-8:30 PM from September 11 through November 13, 2012. There are still spots available for students who are interested in a career in solar energy or simply interested in how solar works.
For more information, email John@mtvsolar.com or to register contact Blue Ridge College at 304.260.4380 ext. 2411
- SolarWorld solar panels power largest solar installation in West Virginia (solarworld-usa.com)
- Riverside passes 5-megawatt mark in solar power generation (swrnn.com)
- Solar Delivers When Grid Needs It Most (cleantechies.com)
- Federal Tax Credit for Solar Energy (turbotax.intuit.com)
Sustainable Shepherdstown had David Brosch of University Park Solar LLC from Maryland to discuss how that organization created an investor solar project, got some state laws changed, and got small investors involved in solar energy.
This is the project that Than Hitt spoke about on my radio show last Saturday, and the show and a Sustainable Shepherdstown mailing brought in about 30 people (would have been more if the Chronicle had run the release, but it didn’t.)
The concept of setting up a (small) profit-making LLC to get groups of people involved with solar power for multiple locations with a 20 year profit of about 7% (money deducted from the electric bill). It has been successfully started in Maryland and could be done in West Virginia.
This was a good start and everyone left Town Hall interested to take it further.
- Educating Texas – Solar Power Projects For Parents & Kids (txu.com)
- Payback From Federal Center Solar Project To Take Decades (denver.cbslocal.com)
- Bright Days: How India Is Reinventing Solar (thesolarity.wordpress.com)
- You: German cos interested in solar energy production systems (nation.com.pk)
- Community Solar – Trending in 2012 (cleantechies.com)