Posted by btchakir
… all it needs is one year of Republican control and you can kiss it goodbye.
FDR signed the Social Security Act on August 14, 1935, ensuring that all Americans—not just the privileged few—can retire with dignity. 77 years later, the Republican VP candidate, Paul Ryan, has proposed privatizing our promise to seniors. Pass on this image if you support protecting Social Security.
- Social Security Turns 77 – August 14, 1935 (pastdaily.com)
- He didn’t build it: How socialism helped Paul Ryan go to college (americablog.com)
- Christine Pelosi: Ryan Roadmap STILL A Roadmap to Ruin for Social Security (huffingtonpost.com)
- Celebrate Social Security “birthday,” August 14, 2012 at FDR Library (timpanogos.wordpress.com)
- The Ryan Plan To Privatize Social Security (talkleft.com)
- Paul Ryan says ‘you did build it.’ Well, the government built Paul Ryan. (dailykos.com)
- Social Security’s Birthday (purpleborough.wordpress.com)