Romney should have his people check out the people he talks with…but here in New Hampshire he finds a man who fought for his country in Viet Nam, who wants marriage equality between men and men and who finally admits he is gay and loves a man.
Why should any person be able to decide what someone else does with their lives? Why should Romney be able to make that decision for them? The result… these laws give Romney and the Republicans that kind of power.
Fact is, this was picked up by the news media and makes Romney look really uncaring:
Here’s someone who will effect the votes of others and there’s Romney… a fool.
- Obama vs. Romney 101: 4 ways they differ on gay issues (csmonitor.com)
- Pro-Romney Super PAC Attacks Obama For Supporting Marriage Equality (thinkprogress.org)
- David Koch Backs Gay Marriage (drudge.com)
- Mitt Romney Supports Gay Boy Scouts But Not Gay Marriage? (perezhilton.com)
- Dumbest PAC Ad (So Far) (ken_ashford.typepad.com)
- Here’s A Terrible Anti-Obama Ad Against Gay Marriage (thegloss.com)
- Pro-Romney Super PAC Attacks Obama For Supporting Marriage Equality (occupytvstations.com)
The revelation at her death that Sally Ride, an American Hero, was also a Lesbian who had a 27 year relationship with a female partner, brings me back to the anti-gay marriage statements by Dan Cathy, President of that detestable fast food empire.
It is time to re-think ALL our values…EVERYBODY… because this is the 21st Century and we should no longer be tied down by religious or ultra-conservative regulations and ignorance.
Here’s a view of what the radical right thinks and how those thoughts are defined:
Can we now realize that there are great people and ordinary people and all kinds of people who are gay or straight and they all have the right to live equal lives!
- Why I will never eat at Chick-fil-A… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Boston Mayor: Anti-Gay Chick-fil-A Not Welcome in This City (newstalkcleveland.com)
- The Jim Henson Company Cuts Ties With Chick-Fil-A Due To Their Flagrant Homophobia (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Will Chick-fil-A Pay a Price for Its Anti-Gay Marriage Stance? (dailyfinance.com)
- Is Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay? ‘Guilty As Charged’ Says Its President (patheos.com)
- Boston Mayor: Chick-fil-A, Move Along (towleroad.com)
Because of it’s management’s consistent push of fundamentalist Christianity upon it’s customers, whether they are Jews, or Buddhists, or Muslims, or atheists like me, I have stayed as far away from Chick-fil-A as I could. If I were starving I would still avoid it. Restaurants should be concerned with making food and not making converts.
Recently, the President of Chick-fil-A, Dan Cathy, came out as radically anti-gay… from opposition to gay marriage as well as opposition to gay employees. Does McDonalds do this? Burger King? Boston Market? Well, no.
Let me recommend that you avoid these guys, too. If you really feel a need to eat at the Rush Limbaugh of fast foods, just think about how every buck you spend there is supporting an ignorant society.
- Chick-Fil-A Faces Gay Marriage Backlash on Twitter, Facebook (mashable.com)
- Chick-fil-a Faces Fury Over Gay Marriage Stance (judgementofamerica.wordpress.com)
- Is Chick-fil-A Anti-Gay? ‘Guilty As Charged’ Says Its President (patheos.com)
- Chick-fil-A goes public with opposition to gay marriage (marketday.msnbc.msn.com)
- Mayor Menino on Chick-fil-A: Stuff it (bostonherald.com)
- The President Of Chick-Fil-A Thinks Gay Marriage Is Inviting God’s Judgment (buzzfeed.com)
- Chick-Fil-A’s anti-gay stance sparks online outrage (with poll) (vancouversun.com)
- The Left’s War On Chick-Fil-A (VIDEO) (radio.foxnews.com)
- Chick-Fil-A Admits To Supporting Hate Groups (queerlandia.com)
From: The Daily What…
Kameron Slade, a fifth-grader from Queens, NY, was scheduled to deliver a speech as part of a school-wide competition at PS 195. But when the principal learned Kameron’s speech was about same-sex marriage, he was ordered to choose a new topic or lose the opportunity to speak.
Brilliant speech… very well reasoned. Perhaps the principal should choose a new career and let Kameron take HIS job.
- (Video) Fifth Grader, Kameron Slade, Prohibited From Giving Gay Marriage Speech At School (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Kameron Slade is a Queens, New York fifth grader who won his… (veganmyway.tumblr.com)
- Freedom of Speech? School Temporarily Bans 10 Year Old Kameron Slade’s Same Sex Marriage Speech (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- 5th grader’s winning pro-marriage equality speech banned by NY school (rawstory.com)
- Lemons to Lemonade: Kameron Slade couldn’t deliver his speech on same-sex marriage at school, so he’s delivering it to the world (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: NYC School Bans Fifth-Grader From Giving Awesome Pro-Gay-Marriage Speech (queerty.com)
- This Is All Kinds Of Wrong of the Day (thedailywh.at)
Looks like Kameron’s controversy caused enough attention to allow him to make the speech after all.
North Carolina Pastor: Pen In ‘All The Lesbians And Queers’ With An Electrified Fence, Wait For Them To ‘Die Out’
North Carolinians voted to alter the state’s constitution to ban same-sex marriage… why? They were largely moved by fear-tactics fueled by far right religious groups bent on punishing lesbians and gay men. The vote also makes North Carolina, as The New York Times notes, the last state in the South to marginalize gay people with a constitutional ban on same-sex marriage.
“I figured a way out — a way to get rid of all the lesbians and queers. But I couldn’t get it passed through Congress. Build a great big large fence, 150 or 100 miles long. Put all the lesbians in there. Fly over and drop some food. Do the same thing with the queers and the homosexuals. Have that fence electrified so they can’t get out. Feed ‘em, and– And you know what? In a few years they’ll die out. You know why? They can’t reproduce.”
Don’t you just admire the logic of that? You KNOW the Bible‘s “agin’ it”… here’s Worley’s speech:
Victoria Lamb Hatch, who I have quoted in this blog before, made a fine summary statement on Worley’s little diatribe:
Does this mentally arthritic idiot know that the vast majority of gay people are born to straight people? Does he know that penning up gay people and waiting for them to die out won’t solve his “problem” because straight people will just continue birthing gay babies? Does he know that anyone who “can’t reproduce” would die out anyway, penned up or not?
Does he know that he’s a hateful, evil person who isn’t earning God‘s favor with comments like these?
I guess Victoria doesn’t realize it, but torturing the gay/lesbian community is where all the FUN is. Right?
- North Carolina Pastor: Trap Gays and Lesbians Behind Electrified Fences (theatlanticwire.com)
- North Carolina Pastor: Pen In ‘All The Lesbians And Queers’ With An Electrified Fence, Wait For Them To ‘Die Out’ (thinkprogress.org)
- Pastor Worley has plan to get rid of ‘lesbians and queers’ (piedtype.com)
- Pastor: Let’s Put ‘Queers’ in Pens Until They Die (ktrh.com)
- American Taliban: Pastor Worley and How To Solve The “Homosexual Problem” (jonathanturley.org)
- Hating For Jesus: NC Pastor Charles Worley (scotteriology.wordpress.com)
- NC Pastor Wants To Build Electrified Fence To Contain, Starve And Ultimately Kill Gays: VIDEO (towleroad.com)
- Pastor Who Called For Gays And Lesbians To Be Put In Electrified Pen And Killed Off Faces Backlash (huffingtonpost.com)
- Outrage Brews Over Pastor’s Sermon on Homosexuals and Electrified Fences (fox8.com)
- HATE SPEECH: North Carolina Pastor Offers Final Solution to Homosexual Problem: Electrified Concentration Camps (alexprocesso.wordpress.com)
… or this – an overview of the Republicans’ desires in the coming election:
… or this – which I dedicate to my doggie boys, Byron and Nestle:
There… glad to get these out of my “hold on to” file.
In an interview on ABC Television today, President Obama has announced his personal support for same sex marriage and civil unions, something that Mitt Romney has forcefully come out against. This has been done with great political risk: Republicans will try to use this as a wedge with religious African Americans and with uneducated white voters.
This, however, stands against 30 states that have banned same sex marriage (and most of whom have banned civil unions), most recently yesterdays vote in North Carolina.
How Obama uses this position which will undoubtedly bring the worst aspects of the Republicans out of the…hmmm…closet. Romney, who lost an important staff member last week BECAUSE HE WAS GAY, has already knuckled into a minority interest in his Party.
There is so much religion involved in this issue that it makes my head swim.
- Obama’s views on gay marriage have been ‘evolving’ for a while (theblaze.com)
- North Carolina vote shows gay marriage still divisive (tbo.com)
- North Carolina’s religious base slows rate of same-sex marriage approval (guardian.co.uk)
- Time for Obama to Support Same-Sex Marriage (redstateprogressive.com)
- North Carolina approves constitutional ban on same-sex marriage (bangordailynews.com)
- Colorado civil unions at an impasse (politico.com)
- In Bizarre Session, Colo. House Kills Civil Unions Bill (newser.com)
Found this in Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire this morning:
BuzzFeed obtained a confidential strategy memo from an anti-gay marriage group, the National Organization for Marriage, with a goal of “fanning the hostility” between black voters and gay voters by casting President Obama as a radical foe of marriage.
If you download the strategy memo (an Adobe .pdf file) you”ll see just how conspiratorial this Repiglicant group is and how they use their lies and fabrications to weaken their Democratic opponents.
I was going to right something about the overwhelming vote in the New York State Legislature which has legalized Gay Marriage… but then I heard Jonathan Mann‘s Song-A-Day for today, and that about sums it up:
- Gay Marriage Finally Legal In NYC! (since1910.com)
- ‘Gay Marriage,’ Libertarians, and Civil Rights (nationalreview.com)
- What’s Next For The Gay Marriage Movement? [Rites And Rights] (jezebel.com)
- New York makes gay marriage legal. Excelsior! (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- NY becomes 6th US state to legalize gay marriage (morningtology.wordpress.com)
- New Yorkers Take to the Streets to Celebrate Gay Marriage Vote [Photos] (gawker.com)
- Gay Marriage is Now Legal in New York State (shoppingblog.com)
Speaking in support of gay marriage, Mayor Bloomberg uttered a 4 word phrase that I think should be spread on T-shirts and tattoos everywhere:
“Near-equality is no equality.”
Speaking at The Cooper Union, Bloomberg added:
“We are the freest city in the freest country in the world — but freedom is not frozen in time… I see the pain that the status quo is causing, and I cannot defend it”
- FULL VIDEO: NYC Mayor Bloomberg’s Marriage Equality Speech (towleroad.com)
- NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg Delivers Speech Supporting Same-Sex Marriage (bilerico.com)
- Mayor Bloomberg Gives Marriage-Equality Speech at Cooper Union (nymag.com)
- New York Mayor Makes Good Case For Marriage Law For Gays (therainbowpost.com)
- Mayor Michael Bloomberg Revealing ‘Taxi Of Tomorrow’ (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Bloomberg To Make Case For Gay Marriage Law (newyork.cbslocal.com)