Jay Carney, who is currently Vice President Biden’s Communications Director, has just been appointed to the White House Press Secretary Position, replacing Robert Gibbs.
Hope Harry Reid has his act together and this goes through tout suite:
- Joe Lieberman: We’ve Got 60 Repeal Votes in The Bag, Yo (queerty.com)
- 13 Senate Democrats Express Confidence on Votes to Repeal ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ (thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com)
- Karen Ocamb: White House, Democratic Senators Push for DADT Repeal This Year (huffingtonpost.com)
- Lame Duck Congress Could Still Repeal “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” Policy (masonryan.wordpress.com)
- DADT Repeal Is Dead! DADT Repeal Is Going To Pass! The Sky Is Blue! Then It Turned Black! (queerty.com)
- Breaking Senator Harry Reid: Don’t Ask Don’t Tell ‘on the Floor after Thanksgiving’. (lezgetreal.com)
- Picking up GOP votes on DADT repeal? (washingtonmonthly.com)
This clip from HuffPo:
- Larry Summers, Top Obama Economic Adviser, Likely Leaving White House After Election: Bloomberg (huffingtonpost.com)
- Key Gibbs takeaways – W.H.: GOP plan will ‘help’ Obama (politico.com)
- Summers to Leave White House (businessweek.com)
Grayson: If I wanted Fox talking points I’d change the channel to Fox, not listen to the White House…
Alan Grayson on Robert Gibbs: He should be fired.
…and the attitude of the Prez.
This from Mad Kane:
Open Limerick To Robert Gibbs and President Obama
By Madeleine Begun Kane
Mr. Gibbs is thin-skinned, it appears.
From the left, he wants only big cheers.
But lefties just seek
A Dem Prez who ain’t weak.
White House courage is deep in arrears.
This verse is for Robert Gibbs’ boss.
Ignoring the left is your loss.
And a loss for the nation.
Our former elation
Is gone with your liberal gloss.
Ed Schulz was speaking at the Blue State Bash in Minnesota, and he really let the Obama administration have it… especially Press Secretary Robert Gibbs. After contending with Gibbs twice on the air last week, Ed had words with him off the air that he reported to the Minnesota crowd:
“I told him he was full of sh*t is what I told him. I mean I did. And then he gave me the Dick Cheney f-bomb the same way Senator Leahy got it on the Senate floor.”
“I told Robert Gibbs, I said ‘And I’m sorry you’re swearing at me, but I’m just trying to help you out. I’m telling you you’re losing your base. Do you understand that you’re losing your base?'”
You can listen to Ed here:
So…is there anything worse than an angry liberal? I sure hope not. Someone has got to make it clear to Gibbs and the rest that they are losing the base. You go, Ed!