It looks like the numbers are favoring Scott Walker as Wisconsinites go to the polls this morning for the recall election. This is going to be an example of how effective millions of dollars of out-of-state money from the likes of the Koch brothers can be against locally raised funds.
Perhaps we are losing what has historically been a liberal state to unbelievable right wing lies. I hope not.
It would be a revival of pure democracy if Walker lost. Keep your fingers crossed.
“Liberalism is trust of the people tempered by prudence. Conservatism is distrust of the people tempered by fear.” ~William E. Gladstone, 1866
Received this in the e-mail this afternoon:
WI Republicans are in a panic. There will be a recount, but the damage is already done. In fact, district by district results show major problems for the WI Republican Senators across the state — especially for Republican Senator Dan Kapanke where JoAnne Kloppenburg won his district handily.
As you know, Kapanke is the first of the Republican Senators to have a recall petition filed on him. Let’s see if they can add more to the list…and hold out until January so they can recall Gov. Walker.
- Wisconsin Democrats File First Petition To Recall Dan Kapanke (huffingtonpost.com)
- Wisconsin Dems file 30,000 signatures to recall Kapanke, twice what’s needed (dailykos.com)
- It’s On Like Donkey Kong!: Wisconsin Has The Signatures For Recall Of Republican State Sen. Kapanke (crooksandliars.com)
- BREAKING: First Republican Recalled …boldprogressives.org (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Dems to force recall of Wisconsin GOP senator (thehill.com)
If you want to donate to this program, go to: secure.actblue.com
- Right now in Wisconsin (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- Campaign to recall Wisconsin Republicans gaining steam (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Recall elections in Wisconsin … (ynative77.wordpress.com)