My “Talk To Me” show will be on WSHC this morning from 10:30 AM to Noon. We’ll have 90 minutes for your eclectic song requests, discussion of politics with 3 days to go until all of this is decided, and perhaps some comments on the results of Sandy.
If you are too far away to call in at 304-876-5369 remember you can also Listen Live at our web site from anywhere in the world. Just go to 579WSHC.org and click on “Listen Live” and you can join our regular morning call-in group (join Ralph, Stu, Bobby and Oinky and the rest of the gang… we’d love to have you on the team.
Elliott Simon’s shown is on before ours from 9:00 to 10:30 AM.
OK… I’m putting my show together so I can get out of the house on time.
From Conan’s show: Jack McBrayer (Kenneth on 30 Rock) & Triumph The Comic Insult Dog Visit Chicago’s Weiner’s Circle (a famous site of vulgar insults.)
You’ll get a kick out of this (language not safe for prudes.)
Romney Vs. Reality…
Is it that he speaks without having listened? Or does he think the true reality of things is so unimportant?
- Is hell exothermic or endothermic? (diereis.wordpress.com)
…but it’s worth playing it now. I need some humor this afternoon.
– and –
Understand? The world has come so far… why go backward?
- Video: Rick Perry’s Response To Obama’s “He Should Be More Careful What He Says” Remark (nicedeb.wordpress.com)
- Rick Perry’s presidential bid, President Obama’s September economic speech, and fine-tuning the economy, on this week’s Political Gabfest podcast. (slate.com)
- Did Rick Perry just admit to violating the US Constitution? (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- Rick Perry: the dumbed-down George W. Bush? (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
A visitor from Planet We Are All One drops in to visit a citizen of Planet Greed. (By War on Error)
- Geo-engineering: green versus greed in the race to cool the planet (chimalaya.org)
- U.S. Corporate Greed and Global Agenda may have landed U.S. at #2 (theconsortiumsite.wordpress.com)
- Greed (commuteroute314.wordpress.com)
- Can ‘man’ ever say enough to his needs and greeds? (jalvayuvihar.wordpress.com)
- On Greed (greedygoddesssue.wordpress.com)
…before I take them out for a walk. Here is their favorite animation series:
(if you are like me, a pickup was absolutely necessary this afternoon. Right boys?)
Tony winning actress Marian Mercer died at age 75. Known for playing in a supporting role opposite the late Jerry Orbach in Promises, Promises, she also co-starred with Sammy Davis, Jr., in Stop theWorld I Want to Get Off.
Mercer was a regular on The Dom DeLuise Show, The Wacky World of Jonathan Winters, The Sandy Duncan Show, The Andy Williams Show, and the sitcom It’s a Living where she played the humorless restaurant hostess, Nancy Beebe. She also had recurring roles on Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman, its sequel, Forever Fernwood, St. Elsewhere, and Empty Nest. She made guest appearances on such shows as Love, American Style, Archie Bunker’s Place, Mama’s Family, Benson, The Golden Girls, Murder, She Wrote, Touched by an Angel, and Suddenly Susan, among many others.
She died of Alzheimer’s Disease on April 27, 2011, in Newbury Park, California.
And, please, check out Humanitarikim. You’ll enjoy it.
- YouTube Changes Homepage To Be Simpler & More Personal (searchenginewatch.com)
- YouTube answer: Do you have to know someone to send them a friend invite on youtube (wiki.answers.com)
This is showing up on TV now…it leads you to a web site: 2011Mediocrity.com.
It’s only after you got to the site (which is pretty complete… and all beige) that you find a secret button that takes you to the real sponsor…Subaru.
- 2011 Mediocrity: The Full Spectrum Of Beige [Video] (jalopnik.com)
- The 5 Funniest TV Clips of the Week (VIDEO) (tvsquad.com)
- Subaru’s 2011 Mediocrity Campaign is Simply Brilliant. (ridelust.com)
- Subaru: 2011 Mediocrity, Quotes (adsoftheworld.com)