Raw Story ran this from Helen Wheels:
Everyone should copy & paste this for safekeeping and for sticking in lying sack of shit baggerfascists’ faces whenever necessary. I, with the help of other commenters up here, have kept a running tab of the GOP War on Women:
– Every GOP member vote FOR Anti-Safe Abortion Legislation
– Every GOP member vote FOR Blunt/Rubio Anti-Women’s Equal Health
Coverage Amendment. While Blunt/Rubio Amendment does not allow employer
to deny men employee health coverage for Vasectomy, the Blunt/Rubio
Amendment allows Employer to deny female employees & female
dependents: contraception, tubes tied, and hysterectomies.
– GOP Redefine Rape
– GOP write legislation to probe metal prongs up a woman’s vagina
– GOP change legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence
– GOP write legislation that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides
abortion care. (South Dakota GOP)
– GOP write legislation to cut nearly a billion dollars of aid to low-income
pregnant women, mothers, babies, and kids.
– GOP write legislation that would let hospitals allow a woman to die
rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
– GOP write law cutting ALL funding for low-income kids saying “Women
should really be home with the kids, not out working (Maryland)
– GOP Cut Funding for Head Start, by $1 Billion.
– Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women: GOP write Bill to CUT
funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
– GOP Candidates for President vow and pledge to Cut Funding for Planned
– GOP voted for a Amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood
– GOP write Bill to eliminate all funds for Federal Family Planning Program.
– GOP Jan Brewer (R- AZ) Republican Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer on Thursday
signed one of the most controversial and restrictive abortion bans in the
country, which experts say effectively bans abortions after 18 weeks and
declares that a woman could be pregnant 2 weeks before she even had sex.
States passed 83 laws restricting access to abortion, nearly four times the
23 laws passed in 2010. A lot of that had to do with the 2010 elections, which
ushered in a wave of Republican legislators and governors. This year, the
number of states with fully anti-abortion governments — in which both the
governor and the legislature oppose abortion rights — increased from
10 to 15.
Got it? Pass it around… post it on your blogs…print it out and pin it to bulletin boards everywhere.
Hey… vote for Romney and he’ll get rid of Planned Parenthood (and Amtrak, too.)
What is WRONG with these guys?
Did you know that Girl Scouts were dangerous? According to Indiana state representative Bob Morris (Republican, natch), the Girls Scouts of America is a radical organization that promotes homosexuality and abortion, is a front for Planned Parenthood and is out to destroy American values.
Of course he is being roundly ridiculed for his position, even within his own party… but he won’t back down:
“My family and I took a view and we’re sticking by it. My girls are no longer Girl Scouts. They’re now going to join American Heritage Girls.”
Morris said he made his discoveries after talking to some knowledgeable constituents and conducting “a small amount of Web-based research.” He concluded that the Girl Scouts encourage sexual activity endorse feminist, lesbian and Communist agendas. He pointed out that First Lady Michelle Obama is honorary president of the Girl Scouts of America and that
“should give each of us reason to pause before our individual and collective endorsement of the organization.”
Planned Parenthood has released a statement denying any connection to the scouting group. The Girl Scouts of America did not address Morris’ individual claims, but said:
“Regarding Representative Morris, if the freshman representative wishes to discredit the contributions that hundreds of thousands of Indiana women and girls have made through the Girl Scouts program over the last 100 years, then he’s entitled to his opinion. Not only is Rep. Morris off the mark on his claims, it’s also unfortunate in his limited research that he failed to discover that since 1917, every First Lady has served as the honorary leader of Girl Scouts including Nancy Reagan, Barbara Bush and Laura Bush.”
This is REALLY the year of the CONSERVATIVE REPUBLICAN FOLLIES… What do you think will come next?
- Taking A Stand Against Girl Scouts of the Day (thedailywh.at)
- US: Girl Scouts Sexualising Recruits, Claims Republican Bob Morris (ibtimes.com)
- Lawmaker: Girl Scouts Promote Homosexuality (newsy.com)
- Some Homophobic Lawmaker From Indiana Sent This Letter About The Girl Scouts To His Republican Colleagues (buzzfeed.com)
- Indiana Legislator Refuses To Honor “Radical” Girl Scouts (buzzfeed.com)
- Radical Girl Scouts out to destroy American family values (dvorak.org)
I don’t know if you read Margaret and Helen, but I do.
These two “friends for sixty years” bring their experience to bear on almost every contemporary situation… like Helen’s recent comment on Rick Santorum and his views on faith and sex:
He was in Texas this week talking about his faith… which always leads him to talk about abortion and gay marriage. I swear that man worries more about vaginas and who is sleeping with whom than any normal person should. I don’t think he is right in the head. He told his audience that his faith is a part of who he is and it will guide him in his presidency. Well good for him.
If you really, honestly want to reduce abortions in this country, the last
thing you want to do is vote for a Republican. If you want to reduce abortions start in your own home by educating your children. Teach your sons to respect women and arm your daughters with information about birth control. If you are so outraged by abortions that your only criteria for a presidential candidate is that he be obsessed with my uterus, then arm your daughters with all the information she needs to protect herself from all those sons who were raised by politicians in Texas and Virginia. And if you really care, make a donation to Planned Parenthood or this other organization called Annie’s List. My grandson says that if you “click” on the underlined words in the previous sentence it will take you to a place you can make a donation on the internet. It couldn’t be any easier than that.
… to which Margaret responds:
Clicking on those words and you can make a donation? How fancy. I hope they know what to do with yours and my checks when they arrive in the regular old mail. Don’t forget. Stamps have gone up to 45 cents dear. Why isn’t anyone outraged about that?
So, my dear ladies, keep up the good work. I find you inspiring.
- Maybe Margaret and Helen will join in (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Pink Razors – Margaret and Helen (crackerboy.us)
- Pink Razors (margaretandhelen.wordpress.com)
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY! (dailykos.com)
- Tell Republicans to Get Their Planned Parenthood Facts Straight (forcechange.com)
- Some People Listen To Rick Santorum And Hear The Voice Of God (crooksandliars.com)
- Conservative Group Releases Unintentionally Hilarious Vid, Claims Planned Parenthood Is Hooking Kids On Sex (clutchmagonline.com)
- The Margaret and Helen blog – anyone have definite proof that they’re real? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Now Rick Santorum is bragging about supporting funding for free birth control at Planned Parenthood (dailykos.com)
- American Life League Says Planned Parenthood Is Turning Kids Into ‘Sex Addicts’ (blisstree.com)
- Apparently Rush Limbaugh Also Thinks Planned Parenthood Is Just Trying To Get Your Kids Hooked On Sex (mediaite.com)
- Tea Party candidate seeks to challenge Boehner in 2012 – The Hill’s Ballot Box
Tea Party activist David Lewis announced Friday he will challenge House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) in a Republicanprimary in 2012.
…from The Hill.
- David Lewis, Tea Party Activist, Challenging John Boehner In Ohio 2012 GOP Primary (huffingtonpost.com)
- pantslessprogressive: The Tea Party vs. The House Speaker John… (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Boehner Gets Tea Party Challenger (politicalwire.com)
In an attempt to disparage Planned Parenthood, one of the hosts of “Fox & Friends” suggested that women who need Pap smears and breast
In fact, Walgreens issued a statement clarifying that its stores do not, in fact, offer such services… but “Fox & Friends” hasn’t retracted the lie.
- Stephen Colbert Ridicules Fox and Friends For Promoting Pap Smears At Walgreen’s (mediaite.com)
- Wednesday Open Thread (jackandjillpolitics.com)
- Trust Your Twat to Walgreens (writechic.wordpress.com)
- Can You Get a Pap Smear at Walgreens? Flash Mob Wants to Find Out (newsfeed.time.com)
- what if walgreens DID do paps? (hahayourefunny.wordpress.com)
- “COMEUPPANCE: Stephen Colbertâ€™s Outrageous Tweets About Jon Kyl Are â€˜Not Intended To Be Factualâ€™” and related posts (phawker.com)
The Teabaggers are trying to defund Planned Parenthood, eliminating pap smears and breast exams (and, yes, abortions) for poor women. Patty Murray looked at it as blackmail:
“I am really stunned, and I am angry as a woman that we have come to this after weeks of negotiating on numbers, where we have in principle an agreement on numbers, that there are those in the Republican Party in the House who are willing to shut down the government, take people’s paychecks away from them, because they want to deny women access to health care in this country.”
This from MoveOn.org:
1) Republicans not only want to reduce women’s access to abortion care, they’re actually trying to redefine rape. After a major backlash, they promised to stop. But they haven’t.
2) A state legislator in Georgia wants to change the legal term for victims of rape, stalking, and domestic violence to “accuser.” But victims of other less gendered crimes, like burglary, would remain “victims.”
3) In South Dakota, Republicans proposed a bill that could make it legal to murder a doctor who provides abortion care. (Yep, for real.)
5) In Congress, Republicans have proposed a bill that would let hospitals allow a woman to die rather than perform an abortion necessary to save her life.
6) Maryland Republicans ended all county money for a low-income kids’ preschool program. Why? No need, they said. Women should really be home with the kids, not out working.
7) And at the federal level, Republicans want to cut that same program, Head Start, by $1 billion. That means over 200,000 kids could lose their spots in preschool.
8 ) Two-thirds of the elderly poor are women, and Republicans are taking aim at them too. A spending bill would cut funding for employment services, meals, and housing for senior citizens.
9) Congress voted yesterday on a Republican amendment to cut all federal funding from Planned Parenthood health centers, one of the most trusted providers of basic health care and family planning in our country.
10) And if that wasn’t enough, Republicans are pushing to eliminate all funds for the only federal family planning program. (For humans. But Republican Dan Burton has a bill to provide contraception for wild horses. You can’t make this stuff up).
Doesn’t that make your day?… and you women who voted Republican: How do you feel about it now?
- Top 10 Republican Attacks on Women (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- The House has voted to bar Planned Parenthood. Don’t let them get away with it. (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- How Stupid Do Republicans Think Women Are? (lezgetreal.com)
- House Republicans: Contraception OK for horses, not women (dailykos.com)
They cut funding for HIV tests, cancer screenings, birth control, and more, putting millions of women and families at risk. We can’t let it go unanswered. It’s time for you and me to stand with Planned Parenthood.
- I Stand With Planned Parenthood (benjaminste.in)
- The Evil Men Do (feministphilosophers.wordpress.com)
- House Votes to Stop Funding Planned Parenthood: What This Means for You (self.com)
- Planned Parenthood Speaks Out on GOP Attack – The Root (news.google.com)
- House Votes to Strip Planned Parenthood of Federal Funds (slog.thestranger.com)
You can go to her site for links: http://youcallthatart.wordpress.com
- Pence preaches social issues in Iowa (politico.com)
- Fetuses trumpt finances…. (tagg-lines.com)
- Planned Parenthood director turned pro-life champion receives award for courage :: EWTN News (deaconforlife.blogspot.com)
- Planned Parenthood Advocacy Project Los Angeles County Honors ‘Champions of Choice’ at Politics, Sex & Cocktails (prnewswire.com)