George Bush Is the Least Popular Living President
According to Time.com:
Since leaving office, George W. Bush has stayed largely out of the spotlight and away from the daily grind of politicking, declining to take public swipes at Barack Obama so as not to “undermine” the sitting president. The ex-decider, however, hasn’t been rewarded for riding off into the Texas sunset.According to a new CNN/ORC International poll, Bush has the lowest favorable rating of any living president. Only 43 percent of respondents said they had a favorable opinion of the 43rd president, lower than Jimmy Carter (54 percent), George H.W. Bush (59 percent) or Bill Clinton (66 percent). Dubya also had the highest unfavorable rating, 54 percent, of those presidents.
Are you surprised?
- George W. Bush The Most Unpopular Living Ex-President (alan.com)
- George W. Bush The Most Unpopular Living President (inquisitr.com)
- George W. Bush Most Unpopular Living President, Poll Shows (mediaite.com)
- CNN Poll: George W. Bush only living ex-president under 50% (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- George W. Bush Least Popular Living Ex-President (outsidethebeltway.com)
According to a poll reported on by The Hill:
Furthermore, those polled didn’t seem to trust one party over another… and 68% believe that ethical standards have declined among politicians in recent decades while only 7% thought they had improved.
69% of those polled said they somewhat or strongly disapproved of the job Congress is doing, 25% said they somewhat approved and just 3% said they strongly approved. 33% said men in office are less ethical than women.
- Is Congress Getting More Unethical? (politicalwire.com)
- Poll: Weiner constituents say stay (politico.com)
- Everybody Hates Congress (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Pols misread polls, spin wrong message from Weiner (proseandthorn.wordpress.com)
If you want to know why having Republican majorities in either part of Congress or in the Presidency is so scary: