Scott Walker says that Wisconsin Public Employees do not currently pay their pension funds…but this is a LIE.
Look at this article quote from Forbes Magazine:
If the Wisconsin governor and state legislature were to be honest, they would correctly frame this issue. They are not, in fact, asking state employees to make a larger contribution to their pension and benefits programs as that would not be possible- the employees are already paying 100% of the contributions.
What they are actually asking is that the employees take a pay cut.
I am an attorney in Southern California, and a frequent writer, speaker and consultant on health care policy and politics. To that end, I am active member of the Association of Health Care Journalists. Based in beautiful Santa Monica, California, I’m very pleased to have the opportunity to be a contributor to Forbes. I’ve recently finished a book designed to make the health care debate understandable to the average reader, and expect it to be out in the next five months or earlier.
- Sunday Must Reading (middletownmike.blogspot.com)
- The Lies Of Scott Walker: Pension Edition (oliverwillis.com)
- “The Big Lie About the Wisconsin Pension Story” and related posts (therumpus.net)
- The Media Isn’t Telling You That Wisconsin Public Workers Pay for 100% of Their Pensions and Health-Care (alternet.org)
- Walker says Wisconsin protests haven’t changed his mind (capitolhillblue.com)
- Wisconsin Governor Urges Senate Vote on Union Bill (online.wsj.com)