Perhaps he’s got a distorted sense of humor…how could anyone think he really believes what he said?
Then he attempted to clarify his comment, but added to the controversy instead. His quote:
A reporter asked LePage if the IRS was headed in that direction, and he said it was.
When asked if he thought the IRS was going to kill a lot of people like the Nazis, LePage said:
When do gubernatorial elections come up again in Maine? This guy has really got to go. In one small set of statements he has offended Americans, Maine voters and Jews everywhere…and he doesn’t even know it.
- LePage tells Vt. reporter IRS is not as bad as the Gestapo – yet (bangordailynews.com)
- Maine Governor: IRS Is ‘Headed’ In The Direction Of Killing A Lot Of People (huffingtonpost.com)
- Maine Governor Paul LePage Acknowledges That It Is Possible the IRS Is Not Quite As Bad As the Nazi Secret Police at This Very Moment (nymag.com)
- Maine gov: IRS ‘headed’ in Gestapo’s path (content.usatoday.com)
- Maine Republican Gov. Paul LePage says the IRS is going to kill a lot of people – seriously (dailykos.com)
- An open letter to Governor Paul LePage: (thenewquakeragitator.wordpress.com)
- Maine Governor Calls Obamacare’s IRS Agents the “New Gestapo” (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Maine governor draws ire with new IRS ‘Gestapo’ comments (vancouverdesi.com)
- Maine gov calls IRS ‘new Gestapo’ in radio speech (sacbee.com)
A group called BrokeFix in protest of the removal of the Labor Mural from the Maine Capitol in Augusta by the Right Wing Governor did what was called a “Photo Bomb” demonstration to bring the mural back.
Take a look:
The USDoL had put up more than $36,000 to help commission the mural. If it is not put back in actuality, the citizens of Maine will likely have to return the grant money.
- Protesters raise a ruckus at state Capitol building (kitsapsun.com)
- Maine artist hoped labor mural would educate (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Removal of Mural May Cost Maine Taxpayers (politicalwire.com)
- Feds to Maine: Reinstall labor mural or repay funding (via CNN Political Ticker) (richardemanuel.wordpress.com)
- US Labor Dept. steps into Maine mural dispute (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Maine Takes Down Labor Mural (npr.org)
What is it about these TeaBag Governors? Have they forgotten all the advances that Labor brought to this country? Eight hour days? Weekends off? Summer vacations? Regular advancements and fair negotiations? This Le Page is as bad as Scott Walker and just as deserving of removal.
- What Maine’s assault on labor history really means (salon.com)
- Maine governor tries to disappear labor history (salon.com)
- Why Gov. LePage Can’t Erase History, And Why We Need a Fighter In The White House (tpmcafe.talkingpointsmemo.com)
- Gov. LePage Orders Removal of Labor Mural from Maine Department of Labor (workinprogress.firedoglake.com)
- Robert Reich: Why Maine’s Governor LePage Can’t Erase History, and Why We Need a Fighter in the White House (huffingtonpost.com)
- No pictures of labor in the Department of labor. (preaprez.wordpress.com)
- Maine Governor To Remove Pro-Labor Mural From Labor Department HQ (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)