Perhaps Cantor should consult any grade school student who has studied U.S. History and find out what he is suggesting is unconstitutional.
This from HuffPo (if you click their URL below there’s more):
- Echo Chamber? House Plans New Vote on Old Spending Bill (blogs.wsj.com)
- Eric Cantor Admits Republicans Want to Kill Social Security (firedoglake.com)
- Cantor Debuts Bill That Would Make GOP Budget Law Of Land Should Shutdown Become Imminent (huffingtonpost.com)
- Eric Cantor: No Stopgap Spending Bill Beyond April 8 (huffingtonpost.com)
This fragment from HuffPo:
- Republicans Plan to Shutter NEA and NEH (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- No More AmeriCorps? Alums Rally Against GOP Proposal (news.change.org)
- ‘Death Panel’ For Elmo? (huffingtonpost.com)
- Freshmen Republicans claim victory on spending (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- The Republicans Contract on America Revealed (lezgetreal.com)
The whole article is available at Talking Points Memo:
- Chuck Schumer: Seniors Could Have To Pay Government $250 If Health Care Reform Is Repealed (huffingtonpost.com)
- Eric Cantor Refuses to Call the Birthers Crazy (crooksandliars.com)
- “Eric Cantor: ‘It’s Not Nice to Call Anyone Crazy'” and related posts (nymag.com)
- Cantor: I believe Obama is a US citizen (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- It wasn’t a trick question (washingtonmonthly.com)
- Rep. Cantor: All Spending Cuts On The Table, Even In Cancer Research (mediaite.com)
Breaking down by party lines the Republicans got Repeal voted through 245 to 189, and it now heads to the Senate where Harry Reid has stated he will block it’s being raised. Although Republicans are expected to find any kind of trick possible to get it brought up in the Senate, it is doubtful that it will happen.
Republicans rejected a procedural maneuver by the Democratic minority to make repeal ineffective unless a majority of the House and Senate withdraw from the federal health benefits program within 30 days after passage by each chamber.
- Cantor to Reid: If you’re so confident ObamaCare repeal will fail in Senate … (hotair.com)
- “House to Vote on GOP-led Healthcare Repeal” and related posts (hispanicbusiness.com)
- Voters don’t accept the GOP’s false choice about health reform repeal (dailykos.com)
That is not what is happening here. We are back to alternating speeches with each side asserting the same points as the previous speakers on their side. There is no listening to each side (indeed, there are not enough House members in the hall at any given time to really make a difference… this is part of the reason that television cameras are placed by the House authorities to not show either the emptiness of the desks or the viewers in the balcony.
And this is going to go on for five hours…the true function seems to be to present their “advertising” points to the folks at home over C-Span. These are campaign speeches of the worst order aimed at the 2012 elections.
However, I can’t help but watch these Bozos as they say the same things as many different ways as possible. If only they would really talk about the things WE need in a country that is truly suffering.
- Health-care repeal debate will test nation’s ‘civility’ (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Health Care and the New Civility (themoderatevoice.com)
- E. J. Dionne: Can the new civility survive? (commercialappeal.com)
- House to Debate Health Care Law Repeal (realclearpolitics.com)
- Lawmakers strive for new tone to debate old differences – Los Angeles Times (news.google.com)
- UPDATE 1-US House tones down healthcare debate after shooting (reuters.com)
- Kucinich Kicks off Health Care Debate with Renewed Call for Single-Payer (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
An exerpt from TPM:
- A Democratic Legislator Has Been Shot. Therefore Republicans Should Change the Name of Their Health Care Repeal Bill. (reason.com)
- Rep. Chellie Pingree: For Gabby’s Sake, Republicans Should Change the Name of Their Health Care Repeal Bill (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rep. Pingree Calls for Name Change on “Repeal of the Job-Killing Health Care Law Act” (news.firedoglake.com)
- Oh Lord help this sincerely stupid woman! (thedaleygator.wordpress.com)
- Time for a civilized debate about ways to reduce gun violence (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Repeal vote postponed, but will Giffords shooting change debate? (dailykos.com)
- Breaking: Tom DeLay GUILTY (my.firedoglake.com)
- DeLay guilty of money laundering (bbc.co.uk)
- Former House Leader Tom DeLay Convicted Of Money Laundering (mediaite.com)
- Jury convicts Tom DeLay in money laundering trial (telegraph.co.uk)
- Jury convicts Tom DeLay in money laundering trial (boston.com)
- Jury convicts Tom DeLay in money laundering trial (msnbc.msn.com)