Have you seen some of the Halloween costumes, both for kids and adults, that are popping up on the web looking for buyers to turn on? I’m finding them amazing…what was always, to me, a kids’ holiday with a spooky, witches and ghosts attitude seems to be changing radically.
The first costume I saw that made me look for more was this kid’s costume:
Then again, there are adult costumes that are making me wonder what folks are looking to communicate.
Perhaps there are too many things in our society that aren’t getting enough attention… or the conservative attack on a woman’s right to choose has results that appear unnatural.
I’m not about to think of Halloween as an obnoxious holiday… it never has been during my life.
Can you picture moms and dads in the costume shop with junior shopping for this year’s appearance. And then there are girl’s costumes, too. A used feminine napkin is something I would never have imagined as something to walk the neighborhood looking for candy as.
When you think of it, there are many similar things which could be turned into Halloween costumes and some designer somewhere is having an emotional roller coaster ride.
How we see members of the opposite sex is something that expresses an unusual opinion. Men are, perhaps, looking for ways to make a statement as to how he sees the woman in his life. A joke? An insult? A confused thought? Who can tell?
Then, of course, there are costumes looking for some kind of action. Does it make you wonder what occurs during the free mammogram? One can guess.
There is, however, a view of the man/woman relationship as a plug-in idea… and energy will probably be passed on. This is pretty neat, but still highly suggestive.
So… I hope at the end of the month you have an interesting and revealing Halloween.
- Top 10 Trending Social Media Halloween Costumes for 2012 Announced (prweb.com)
- Halloween and the rise of sexy costumes for women and girls (rebeccahains.wordpress.com)
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Scandalous but Boring Halloween Costume (celebs.gather.com)
- Halloween Costumes Are Sexist (ninjaloungehouse.wordpress.com)
Radical Conservatives, are not trying to understand, they are using Righteous Passion to light the fires of their political rhetoric – the flames of which are meant to burn Progressives and Liberals as heretics at the stake.
Radical Conservatives seek nothing less than to dominate, and eliminate Progressive and Liberal thought from the discourse, in fact they are damn tired of talking and trying to understand; they want action, and they want it now.
Progressives and Liberals will lose this debate because they are trying to understand the world and how to safely fit everybody in it.
Radical Conservative do not suffer this discomfort, they don’t want you in their world, unless you change to fit in theirs, they will do everything in their power to eliminate you and your progressive ideas from even getting a seat at the table.
So… if you want to include everyone in our world, you are like me and other progressive/liberals. Wasn’t it the fascists who wanted to cut out people they didn’t agree with, much less understand them.
- Radicals Or Conservatives (crodamilo.wordpress.com)
- Moochers and looters (balloon-juice.com)
- Conservatives, Liberals, and Happiness (maverickphilosopher.typepad.com)
“You need to be outraged, but you also need to move beyond outrage, and take action,” says Reich as he comments on what we can do to assure that the country does not fall into the hands of conservative extremists.
You can get it at Amazon… the order address is at the end of the video:
My thanks to Bruce for bringing attention to this as we see the conservative elite clamp down on possible voting immigrants…
- “A shitty time to be a liberal”: The Economist’s must-read piece on the Clegg paradox (and 2 reasons why it’s wrong) (libdemvoice.org)
- Self-induced Sluggishness – Economist on the world economy (themitochondrialmigrator.wordpress.com)
Date: Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 8:27 PM
Earlier this month was the birthday of Ayn Rand, the controversial philosopher and novelist, who emigrated from the Soviet Union in 1926. Regardless of what one thinks of her ideas, there is no denying that she was a great American. When the American intelligentsia was playing footsie with Soviet communism, Rand unabashedly defended liberty and individual rights, America’s core values, famously declaring: “[The] United States of America is the greatest, the noblest and, in its original founding principles, the only moral country in the history of the world.”
But this proud naturalized American, who arguably did more than any contemporary figure to restore the faith of Americans in America, might have been hounded out of the country if one of our current crop of Republican hopefuls had been president when she arrived. Why? Because Rand lied and bent every rule to gain…
View original post 6 more words
So the SuperCommittee isn’t getting anywhere. So what will the government do about our financial problems.
And what about jobs?
- Does the GOP enjoy the misery of others? (dangerousminds.net)
- Truth Squad takes on GOP debate (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: Peter Kinder bails on Missouri governor’s race (dailykos.com)
Want to buy a National Touring Bus? I guess one will be available now that Sarah Palin has announced that she won’t be entering the Presidential race (what a surprise!)
So what will she do now to maintain her personal publicity program?
- Sarah Palin Won’t Run For President [Sarah Palin] (gawker.com)
- Sarah Palin ends the fever pitch of speculation swirling around her presidential ambitions (dailykos.com)
- 5 questions about Sarah Palin (politico.com)
- Sarah Palin won’t run either (geneveith.com)
- Sarah Palin won’t run in 2012 (thestar.com)
- GOP Reacts to Palin No-Go (thepage.time.com)
- BREAKING: Sarah Palin Will Not Be Running for President (sfist.com)
- Sarah Palin: Inside Her Decision Not To Run (abcnews.go.com)
This article is from Little Green Footballs (which has always been a VERY Conservative Blog):
Palin Fans Trying to Edit Wikipedia Paul Revere PageRight wing alternate history
Man, you’ve gotta almost admire the sheer blind dedication of Sarah Palin’s wingnut acolytes.
Now they’re trying like crazy to edit the Wikipedia page for “Paul Revere” to make it match Palin’s botched version of history. Here’s the Revision history of Paul Revere; check out the edits that are being reversed.
Also see the discussion page for an entertaining exchange between Wikipedia editors and a would-be revisionist.Hat tip: BoingBoing.
- Palin Fans Try To Edit Paul Revere Wikipedia Page To Reflect Her Version Of History (alan.com)
- Sarah Palin: I was right about Paul Revere (whyevolutionistrue.wordpress.com)
- Sarah Palin’s gaffe about Paul Revere caused her worshipers to try to edit mistake into Wikipedia (crooksandliars.com)
- Sarah Palin Supporters Attempted To Edit Wikipedia Page On Paul Revere (huffingtonpost.com)
- Palin Fans Desperately Trying to Edit History to Support Palin’s Paul Revere Mistake (inquisitr.com)
- Because, sure, why not … Apparently someone tried to edit Sarah Palin’s Paul Revere comments INTO the man’s Wikipedia page. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Doublethink? Palin Fans Attempt To Rewrite Paul Revere’s Wikipedia Page To Match Her Description (mediaite.com)
- Sarah Palin Fans Trying To Rewrite Wikipedia History Of Paul Revere’s Ride To Match Her Crazy Version (thenewspundit.com)
- Fox News Prepares Audience for Sharron Angle’s Defeat (crooksandliars.com)
- “ACORN Press Release: The end of an era: ACORN files Chapter 7 bankruptcy” and related posts (nolandgrab.org)
- Michael Kieschnick: 10 Steps to Take Now After a Brutal Election (huffingtonpost.com)
- “ACORN files for Chapter 7 bankruptcy” and related posts (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
I love reading Ramona’s pieces. This one began:
“Fox News and the C of C thank you for voting Republican. But don’t call us, we’ll call you.
So, all you “Mad as Hell” people who idolize Fox “News” and their partners in crime, the Koch Brothers, the Chamber of Commerce, and the Republican Party, let’s hear what you’ve learned from that bunch you’ve been following so religiously. What’s the plan? What’s marvels are in store for you when they take out the government and make it obsolete?”
…and then went on:
- Tea Party’s roots lie in backlash against Obama (cnn.com)
- Fox News Panel Puts a Happy Face on the Extreme Right’s Takeover of the Republican Party (crooksandliars.com)
Latest weekly update shows more competitive contest
Are things looking up for the Dems? It’s been so dismal in the polls lately. But this new Gallup that they put out lately shows a small, but interesting change. While there is still a factor of Republicans being more excited about getting out and voting than Democrats, this could be enough of a change to cut down on the takeover of Congress by the Right.
- Gallup Poll: Republicans Democrats Now tied 46% in Generic Congress Ballot (themoderatevoice.com)
- Dems close gap to tie GOP in Gallup’s generic ballot poll (thehill.com)
- Parties Tied in Generic Ballot (politicalwire.com)