The speakers were Dan and Melinda Hemmelgarn out of Columbia, Missouri, and they combined the skills of photography and dietetics with a heavy dose of activism. They were co-presented by AHA and the Source. Although the audience was fairly small, the excitement of the discussion after the 7:00 PM presentation lasted until close to 10 PM.
Even after the panel there was still continued discussion over a variety of delicious goodies.
- Organic Farmers Unite Against Monsanto In Battle For Future of Food (singularityhub.com)
- FDA requests comments on labeling junk food, but bans labeling non-rGBH? (themomu.wordpress.com)
- Organic farmers file suit to protect themselves from Monsanto’s aggressive practices. (isiria.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto says: The World Needs Us to Feed the Poor (themomu.wordpress.com)
- Monsanto Disappoints, Ag Shares Trade Lower (blogs.wsj.com)
- The Costs and Benefits of a Green Revolution (creditloan.com)
- Monsanto’s GMO Wheat ? (2012patriot.wordpress.com)
- Stay Alive, Don’t Mess with the Food Supply! (queensrepublic.wordpress.com)
Over the past 12 days, the Obama administration has recklessly and unnecessarily chosen to approve two biotech crops, Roundup Ready genetically modified (GMO) alfalfa and Roundup Ready genetically modified (GMO) sugar beets. While the planting of both these crops had been temporarily halted due to court decisions, Obama’s recent approval of them will allow them to be planted as early as this spring, despite widespread acknowledgment that these crops are certain to contaminate both conventional and organic farmers‘ non-GMO crops. Their approval only benefits one company — Monsanto.
These decisions are a devastating blow to our democracy and the basic rights of farmers to choose how they want to grow food on their land and the rights of consumers who increasingly choose organic and sustainably grown food for its positive health and environmental impacts.
Let them know that you care about organic integrity by following this link from Food Democracy Now!, then please pass this on. Please join me in telling President Obama that it’s time to stand up to Monsanto and reject these GMO crops today!
Every voice counts!
- Keep GMOs Out of ‘Organic’! (zoecarnate.wordpress.com)
- Call President Obama: Stop Monsanto’s GMO alfalfa (ynative77.wordpress.com)
- “Say NO – and tell Obama to say NO – to Monsanto’s GMO Alfalfa! (2 items)â€” and related posts (markcrispinmiller.com)
- Yet another blow to organics: USDA approves Monsanto’s GMO sugar beets (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- USDA Deregulates GMO Sugar Beets, Farmers and Biotech Finds Common Ground in … – New West (news.google.com)
- Monsanto GM Sugar Beets (and Alfalfa) Approval: Why This is Bad News (eatdrinkbetter.com)
- Politics Dominate the FDA and USDA Putting Consumer Interests Aside – More … – Blogger News Network (blog) (news.google.com)
- USDA ‘partially deregulates’ GM sugar beets, defying court order (grist.org)