- “I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I never really called myself pro-choice.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “Roe v. Wade has gone too far.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “When I am asked if I am pro-choice or pro-life, I say I refuse to accept either label.” ~ Well. There seems to be a ring of truth in that one.
- “Immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think there should be no special pathway to citizenship. I feel that’s the course we ought to take.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I’m a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I don’t personally own a gun. My son does.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over and people recognize the need associated with providing sources which do not generate the heat that is currently provided by fossil fuels …” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have to tell you with regards to global warming that that’s something, which, you’re right, the scientists haven’t entirely resolved…” ~ Yep. Him again.
- “This is a campaign about the 100 percent.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what… My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” ~ Some guy who looks an awful lot like Mitt Romney
How can anyone believe any position Romney takes?
- I wonder which Mitt Romney will show up at the debate tonight? The one who talks out of the left side or the right side of his mouth? (margaretandhelen.com)
- Are Women Voters Really Abandoning Democrats? Not So Fast (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- “Mitt Romney The Product”: A New Romney Appears On A Monthly, Weekly And Sometimes Daily Basis (mykeystrokes.com)
- Mitt Romney debates himself, round 2 (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Constantly Evolving Stance On Abortion Rights (thinkprogress.org)
- Is he pro-life, pro-choice, or just pro-Mitt? – Boston Globe (bostonglobe.com)
SMITH: I lived something similar to that with my own family. She chose life, and I commend her for that. She knew my views. But, fortunately for me, I didn’t have to.. she chose the way I thought. No don’t get me wrong, it wasn’t rape.
SCOLFORO: Similar how?
SMITH: Uh, having a baby out of wedlock.
SCOLFORO: That’s similar to rape?
SMITH: No, no, no, but… put yourself in a father’s situation, yes. It is similar. But, back to the original, I’m pro-life, period.
Perhaps Republicans have no real idea what Rape is… a violent and immoral crime. For the state to have control of a woman’s decisions related to the use of her body is equally as violent, whether psychologically or physically, and just as criminally immoral.
At least we know now that birth out of wedlock is “similar” to rape.
I hope you Pennsylvania folks keep a very good Senator that you are lucky to have… Bob Casey.
(Special thanks to Wonkette for the transcript.)
- Pennsylvania Senate Candidate: Out Of Wedlock Pregnancy “Similar” To Rape (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Paul Ryan: Rape Just Another Method Of Conception (outsidethebeltway.com)
- Don\’t Worry, You Won\’t Get Pregnant From Rape (formingthethread.wordpress.com)
- Todd Akin’s Immoral Ethics About Women (bigthink.com)
- Ryan on abortion exceptions: Rape is just another ‘method of conception’ (rawstory.com)
- Do You Get It? (talkingpointsmemo.com)