As you read this over the internet you realize that you have replaced what we used to exchange in print… or even, for Pete’s sake, by voice over the phone or while having coffee… with interactions by computer on our own time and only when we really want it. And it seems live and it can be interacted with in an eternal present.
But what comes next? What are the situations we can’t even imagine that will be our communication norm in less than a generation… that will make Facebook seem like the telegraph?
I just spent an hour and a half listening to a replay of a forum at the World Science Festival called Internet Everywhere. If you remember when we didn’t spend our time with a computer and a mouse or a touchpad and our finger bringing our minds together over the internet… not very long ago… then remember how we didn’t even begin to imagine where we are today.
You’ve got to watch/listen to this:
You can thank me later.
- Going Cashless May Be in the Not-Too-Distant Future (turbotax.intuit.com)
- Distant Reader (ask.metafilter.com)
- The History & Structure of the Universe (livasperiklis.com)
- How to Use Pinterest for Marketing Strategies with New RAW Training (prweb.com)
Posted in Announcement, Art, Arts, Corporations, creativity, Dreams, Education, ethics, Family, government, history, Internet, Interview, News, Opinion, podcast, Politics, quote, radio, recording, Science, Technology, Television, Video, Word from Bill
This was sent to me from my favorite graphic design specialist, my wife:
After more than 40,000 votes on 139 designs, here is the winning design chosen by Threadless – and we LOVE it! It makes people laugh, tells a story, raises questions, and starts a conversation.
There’s an AMAZING $10 sale price (regular price $24) that ends Oct 11th for this organic shirt, in guys or girls styles: Wear it for GMO rallies! Buy them as holiday gifts! Give one to your favorite teacher!
IRT FACEBOOK T-SHIRT CONTEST PHOTO GALLERY: Take a picture of yourself in this winning design and upload it to our Facebook page!http://org2.democracyinaction.org/dia/track.jsp?v=2&c=shnNj3QLhnE2Oee9gpkQBlGttroMg2wz
OUR GRATITUDE AND THANKS: So many talented designers entered, we can’t thank you enough for your energy and passion!
OUR WORK: Threadless donates 25% of each sale to the Non-GMO Campaign of The Institute for Responsible Technology.
- Threadless Weaves its Awesome Customer Support Experience Directly into Facebook, Providing a Smoother and More Interactive Customer Experience (prweb.com)
- Threadless $10 Sale Lets You Dress For A Whole Week For The Price Of One Game [Clothing] (kotaku.com)
- Threadless Donates $100,000 to the American Red Cross Haiti Relief and Development Fund (prweb.com)
- Brains for Breakfast (inbetween-fashion.com)
- Waiter, there’s DNA in my dinner! (geneticmaize.com)
- Are GMO foods safe? (drbradshook.com)
- SoHum and GMO’s (kymkemp.com)
Here’s a quick quote from the International Business Times:
“The ongoing rumor continues to resurface every so often, regardless of the fact that Facebook has a message on its homepage reading, “It’s free and always will be,” when prompting its 800 million users to log in.
- Facebook price grid? $9.99 for gold membership? The charging hoax continues to spread (nakedsecurity.sophos.com)
- Facebook is not charging so please stop spreading rumors. (jeffzelaya.com)
- No, Facebook Will Not Make You Pay to Get the New Profiles (mashable.com)
- Why It’s Important To Remain A Trusted Source Of Information (piosocialmediatraining.com)
- Facebook revenue estimated at $4.27 billion (canada.com)
- Facebook rumor false . (caribnewsnow.wordpress.com)