Women are forced to put their careers and financial future at risk simply because they want to have children. During their pregnancy, they face being fired unfairly or not being able to properly care for themselves. They should not have to worry about making ends meet without paid maternity leave on top of that.
And where do Republicans stand on this outrageous situation?
As Bob Cesca says:
“…Republicans would rather ban abortion, ban contraception and make it super-expensive to be pregnant. Because they care about kids.”
Wouldn’t it be better if they supported paid maternity leave as an effort to avoid abortions without making it terribly expensive for working mothers? Don’t count on it.
- Maternity Leave Issues (jillwillrun.com)
- Penalised over maternity leave (todayonline.com)
- New bill passed on 98 days maternity leave for females (fmnnow.com)
- Why you should support paid maternity leave? Because I already have it (bluemilk.wordpress.com)
- Maternity leave basics: Canada vs. the U.S. (theglobeandmail.com)
- Maternity Leave: Don’t American Moms Deserve Better? (non-toxickids.net)
Gee… this is one of my favorite websites… and Dutton was only 2 years older than me! I find this devastating for internet folks.
Thanks to BoingBoing for spreading the word.
- Arts & Letters website founder dies (cbc.ca)
- Denis Dutton, Arts & Letters Daily founder was 66 (laobserved.com)
- Denis Dutton has died (homepaddock.wordpress.com)
- Founder of ‘Arts & Letters Daily’ Dies (downes.ca)
- R.I.P. Denis Dutton, Founder of A&L Daily (themillions.com)