Sitting around the house now that I’m not allowed to drive due to my seizures, I’ve been thinking about my life and trying to figure out what I’ll do now. I don’t know why, but I started thinking about my father and the airplanes he had when I was a kid. The first plane he owned and the second, too, as a matter of fact, werea 1946 Stinson 180’s.
My mother was scared to death of airplanes and eventually my dad got rid of the first one. I was really sad, since I loved to go flying with him.
Eventually he bought the second Stinson and it was not one he kept for a long time…primarily because he had to make a forced landing on a farm in northeast Connecticut while flying back from Cape Cod. My mother, my sister and I drove back… and when we got home we got the phone call. When he made the forced landing it was downhill and the propeller ended up twisting barbed wire around itself from the fence it rolled into.
Needless to say, this was enough to make my Mother totally certain that she’d make him sell the plane… and she did.
I was 12 or 13 during our couple of flying years and I remember buzzing over Connecticut small towns, flying near the shoreline and then bringing it to the little airport in Plainville. Every kid should have a flying experience!
- Pilot walks away from emergency landing (stuff.co.nz)
- Up, up, and away~ (cassh20.wordpress.com)
- 10 Annoying Airplane Behaviors That Should Probably Be Illegal (thefrisky.com)
- Overnight search for missing Qld plane (bigpondnews.com)
How this will change over the next two months is the question.
The state by state probabilities as of today are certainly in Obama‘s favor:
Needless to say, the heavy vote states are right there in Obama’s pocket. Let’s see it it lasts.
- Nate Silver: Obama’s chances for re-election now 80 percent (americablog.com)
- Nate Silver On The DNC Bounce (joemygod.blogspot.com)
- Obama Pulls Ahead (newser.com)
- Nate Silver makes case that Romney may have already reached his peak (dailykos.com)
- Obama Expands Lead in Three Tracking Polls (politicalwire.com)