As a “Kind Atheist” being preferred by any God is a gift I do not require, nor would I open it if received.
However, “Hateful Christians” are in the same category to me as “Hateful Muslims” or “Hateful Jews” or even “Hateful Atheists.” Being hateful is one of the reasons this whole world has been steadily going to pot.
- Atheists: The God Haters! (firstcapricorn.wordpress.com)
- Do Christians believe in atheists? UBC study finds believers distrust atheists as much as rapists (ahmadiyyamuslimtimes.wordpress.com)
- Exactly (doubleplusundead.com)
- Top Ten Benfits of Being an Atheist (uglicoyote.wordpress.com)
- Passover and Easter: Great fun for atheists (dangeroustalk.net)
Actual photo, from the Rose City Park United Methodist Church, in Portland, Oregon.
The sign got a mention in Larry Bingham’s column in The Oregonian, and he says it’s making more headlines.
The Rose City Park United Methodist Church minister’s recent sign, which says “God Prefers Kind Atheists over Hateful Christians” is making headlines all over the place.
My colleague, Religion Writer Nancy Haught, cites it in her story on the shifting terminology between “religion” and “Christian.” And The Christian Post also has a story.
Tip of the old scrub brush to Kathy Paxton-Williams.
Do you think Barack Obama was born in the United States, or not?
Was born in U.S.: 36
Not born in U.S.: 36
Not sure: 28
Do you believe in evolution, or not?
Believe in evolution: 41
Do not: 43
Not sure: 16
These folks who are “not sure” are a curious bunch…especially on Obama facts, a politician associated with Illinois for years.
Referring to the mass murders in Norway and the murderer’s views on immigrants:
“With her native-born populations aging, shrinking and dying, Europe’s nations have not discovered how to maintain their prosperity without immigrants. Yet the immigrants who have come – from the Caribbean, Africa, the Middle East, South Asia – have been slow to learn the language and have failed to attain the educational and occupational levels of Europeans. And the welfare states of Europe are breaking under the burden.[…]”
As for a climactic conflict between a once-Christian West and an Islamic world that is growing in numbers and advancing inexorably into Europe for the third time in 14 centuries, on this one, Breivik may be right.”
“Osama wasn’t a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims“
Indeed, Al Qaeda killed many more Muslims than Americans. Although Americans in the Middle East have been warned against immediate reprisals, The general response from local governments has been to congratulate Obama for the action and to breathe a sigh of relief.
- ‘Osama wasn’t a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama Announces Death of Osama Bin Laden (theoraclemagnews.wordpress.com)
- Osama Dead: Long Live Obama (neerajbhushan.com)
- Osama bin Laden Dead, Obama To Announce (justjared.buzznet.com)
- U.S. warns of al Qaeda reprisals over bin Laden (ctv.ca)
- Full transcript | Barack Obama | Speech on Osama bin Laden’s death | White House | 1 May 2011 (newstatesman.com)
… once again put his foot in his mouth when commenting on singer Yusuf (a Muslim) and Ozzie Osborne at the Stewart/Colbert Rally:
“I KNOW THIS IS POLITICALLY INCORRECT, BUT I’D RATHER TAKE MY CHANCES GOING OFF THE RAILS ON A CRAZY TRAIN … THAN RIDE WITH A MUSLIM ON A PEACE TRAIN.”
– Juan Williams demonstrating his fears once again.
- “NPR Juan Williams firing leads to hiring by Fox News” and related posts (personalmoneystore.com)
- NPR firing of Juan Williams – it can’t get worse for Democrats? (thehill.com)
- NPR Beheads Talking Head Juan Williams For Speaking Candidly About Muslims (riehlworldview.com)
- NPR Fires Juan Williams For Anti-Muslim Comments (oliverwillis.com)
- “Screw Free Speech, NPR Fires Juan Williams for Muslim Remarks” and related posts (bigjournalism.com)
“In the wake of the alleged hate crime against a New York City taxi driver, I must take this opportunity to remind New Yorkers that we cannot and will not allow bias and ignorance to infect our communities and deny our hard working, innocent residents the respect they deserve.
“The potential for this kind of violence is one of the reasons why I have called publicly for a respectful and unifying conversation about the Park51 project. I continue to offer my assistance for an open dialogue that I believe will help to bring New Yorkers together.”
– Gov. David Paterson (D) using this opportunity to push his plan to get the Park51 project to change locations.
So I guess the Governor and the Mayor are on different planets. Me, I’ll side with the Mayor.
Fox News presented Lt. Gen. Thomas McInerney (retired) yesterday, who proposed a solution to future airline bombing attempts: strip search all Muslim males aged 18 to 28. The fact that we even consider such things is outrageous (although it does provide security for 17- and 30- year old terrorists) and it’s time we stopped making ourselves go looney over a bunch of international criminals.
So here he is:
I’m beginning to think retired Generals need a hobby to keep them off the air. Whittling duck decoys, perhaps.