It’s been a secret plan, but it has many no-secret parts. Here’s a great overview and I urge you to watch it.
This plan has to be opposed, but you can’t oppose it until you know what it is… so warch and listen:
OK… are you ready to get going? Let’s make sure this doesn’t become the exclusive country of the Koch Brothers and their pals… They are pretty sure not to include you in their plans.
- NYT: Repubicans Favored to Keep The House of Representatives (nalert.blogspot.com)
- The Repubicans Are Now a Big Problem for All of Us… (delong.typepad.com)
- Purges and Repubican Forms of Government (poliscinewsreview.wordpress.com)
- If The Public Knew – Corporate Media Helps GOP Sneak In Plutocrat Agenda (ourfuture.org)
- CHART: The History Of Political Polarization In Congress (businessinsider.com)
- *** Repubicans can tell us again about the wonders of XL Pipeline (dakotatoday.typepad.com)
I won’t get into Huckabee‘s Kenya/Mau Mau comments on Obama, nor his “spokesman” stating that Huckabee “misspoke” (may be that was a “Misspokesman”) and really meant Indonesia (which had no Mau Maus)… you’ve heard enough of this on all the news networks and other blogs (if you haven’t you can check out Yahoo News).
What I am concerned with is such a statement coming from one of the Republicans who seemed to be somewhat more reasonable than the others.
If he was thinking about running for President, this wasn’t the smartest mess to get into. However, I don’t imagine that the Southern State Repubs will give a damn about this.
- Huckabee Still Not a Birther–But His Pants Are On Fire (swampland.blogs.time.com)
- Huckabee: Obama Grew Up in Kenya (newser.com)
- Huckabee backs away from birther claim, badly (americablog.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell Tears Huckabee Apart For His ‘Obama Grew Up In Kenya’ Remark (mediaite.com)
- Huckabee: Obama grew up in Kenya; Update: Spokesman clarifies (hotair.com)
- Birther Huckabee?: Radio Talk Fans Obama Flames He Tamped Down on ‘GMA’ (blogs.abcnews.com)
It’s the annual time of year when the far right gets together to plan their future and ours, funded by the Koch Brothers and other Conservative money guys. This year, however, things are a little shaky at the Conservative Political Action Conference.
Because there is a gay conservative group among the sponsors the show this year, some really extreme groups have pulled out. And folks like Mike Huckabee have decided not to attend.
According to the CPAC website, confirmed speakers for this year’s event include Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.), Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Mitt Romney, Rick Santorum, Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), among other big conservative names.
Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) was tapped to deliver the keynote address at the conference. Sarah Palin was offered the coveted speaking opportunity; however, declined to accept the invitation. There’s a Live Blog going on at Huffington Post if you want to follow the fun.
- Keynote Speaker For CPAC 2011 Revealed (huffingtonpost.com)
- At CPAC forum, potential GOP candidates must navigate social-fiscal tension – Washington Post (news.google.com)
- Rick Santorum Says Sarah Palin Skipping CPAC for the Money or Because She’s a Mom or Something (mediaite.com)
- The Right Invades Washington (thedailybeast.com)
- Rick Santorum: Palin Skipping CPAC For C-Notes (alan.com)
- The CPAC straw poll (firstread.msnbc.msn.com)
Huckabee, who still plays bass in a band called Capital Offense, told the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette in ’06 that he pardoned Richards after meeting him backstage at a Stones concert. Richards, he said, brought up the arrest, joking that he hoped the cops weren’t still looking for him. Huckabee said he offered to take care of it, which he ultimately did in hopes of giving Richards something “positive” to remember about Arkansas.
It doesn’t seem as though Huckabee’s ploy worked, however. There’s nothing worse than an aspiring rocker learning that his idol has kissed him off with the words, “I think he even has a band.”
- Huckabee Never Learns, Expects Voters to Forget (dakotavoice.com)
- Huckabee Still Mulling Bid (politicalwire.com)