Romney is flip-flopping again.
His campaign is moving in a new direction on healthcare. Mitt Romney praised the health care law he signed as governor of Massachusetts – the model for Obama’s health plan. This has drawn swift and strong rebuke from .
In an interview with NBC News, Romney said:
“I got everybody in my state insured. One hundred percent of the kids in our state had health insurance. I don’t think there’s anything that shows more empathy and care about the people of this country than that kind of record.”
Of course Romney has attacked President Obama’s similar law, which extends insurance coverage to millions of uninsured people across the country – especially kids. Romney says he will repeal Obama’s law lock, stock and barrel, and replace it with vaguer reforms that would potentially leave more people uninsured by removing the ban on preexisting condition discrimination.
Democrats love it when Romney talks about Romneycare, using it to paint him as a hypocrite on health care reform. Conservatives, on the other hand, hate it. When a Romney staffer spoke positively about Romney’s health care law last month, conservative commentators said it “just might be the moment Romney lost the election.”
- Whatcha Talking About Willard? Massachusetts health care law is proof of empathy? Isnt that what You are Running Against Obama? This is getting Insane…Risking Conservative Ire, Romney Touts Romneycare. (sunsetdaily.wordpress.com)
- Mitt Romney Gives His Strongest Embrace Yet Of Romneycare, Which Could Ignite Conservative Fury (businessinsider.com)
- Mitt Cites Romneycare as Evidence of His ‘Empathy,’ Steps Up Obamacare Attack (nymag.com)
- Facepalm: Romney says Romneycare demonstrates his ’empathy and care’ (twitchy.com)
- And Mitt Romney Reverses Field Once Again on Health Care Reform… (delong.typepad.com)
- The New Romney Health Plan for the Poor… (underthelobsterscope.wordpress.com)
- Romney’s Advice To The Uninsured: Go To The ER (kaystreet.wordpress.com)
- To show empathy for the middle class, Mitt Romney touts his socialist health care law (freakoutnation.com)
“There is no point to us going to a convention and pushing for this man if he is employing morons like this.”
However, who is the moron here? The staff member or the Candidate? Romney’s a jittery asshole who’s incapable of human emotion and comprehension. It’s ROMNEY they should be worried about, not his campaign staffers.
Hannity’s reply to Coulter, btw:
“I AGREE WITH YOU.”
Ah, Republican harmony!
And some afternoon humor if Coulter isn’t enough…
- Rush Limbaugh And Ann Coulter Absolutely Lost Their Minds Over Andrea Saul’s Romneycare Defense (businessinsider.com)
- Ann Coulter Says Romney Spokesperson Andrea Saul Should Be Fired for Citing Massachusetts Health Care in Response to Super PAC Ad (foxnewsinsider.com)
- Coulter Explodes At Romney Spokeswoman For Response To Priorities USA Ad: She Needs To Be Fired (mediaite.com)
- Ann Coulter Melts Down on Hannity’s Show Over RomneyCare (crooksandliars.com)
- Ann Coulter is Wrong on Andrea Saul: Mitt Romney Needs to be Fired Before Convention (bungalowbillscw.blogspot.com)
- Ann Coulter Demands Romney Fire Andrea Saul (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- Ann Coulter: “Anyone Who Donates to Mitt Romney Ought to Call & Say If Andrea Saul Is Not Fired They Will Not Give Another Dime” (Video) (thegatewaypundit.com)
- Five Stages of Conservative Romneycare Grief (theatlanticwire.com)
… and by all accounts it has been a success.
In fact, Romney also claimed at the time that his plan would be a good model for the Nation.
The fact that President Obama agreed with him and promoted what has become known as “Obamacare” – a national duplicate of “Romneycare” – seems to be meaningless to the Republicans, to Mitt, to the Conservative side of the Supreme Court.
Why can’t we all have the successful plan that Massachusetts has? And why does Romney now say that he would repeal the law as soon as possible if elected?
Why do they play politics with our health?
- Happy Birthday, RomneyCare! You’re Growing So Expensive So Fast! (reason.com)
- Happy 6th birthday, RomneyCare! Obama’s campaign releases video (miamiherald.typepad.com)
- Would ‘Obamacare’ demise mean end of ‘Romneycare,’ too? (yubanet.com)
- Rick Santorum Was Right: Romneycare Increased Free Riding in Massachusetts (healthcarebs.com)
- Mitt Romney Misleading Conservatives on Romneycare, Santorum Whines (inquisitr.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Suggested Three Times In 2009 That Obama Imitate Romneycare (buzzfeed.com)
- How Romneycare Saves $ (thedailybeast.com)