Jim Hightower just wrote a very interesting column – “The Price of Admission”.
Here’s the beginning:
Gosh, I feel so much safer now that teenage ticket takers at the Regal chain of movie theaters have been directed by corporate chieftains to search the purses of their female customers.
The Dark Knight Rises shooter had an armory of weapons that wouldn’t fit in any purse. And need I point out that he was a he? Yet, Regal’s rummaging is apparently reserved for women, even though practically all mass shootings have been committed by male specimens of our species.
Read the whole column HERE. And thanks to Hightower for making this absurdity visible to us all.
- Movie Theater Solution to Preventing Mass Murder by Guys with More Guns Than Rambo? Search Women’s Purses (alternet.org)
- Regal Cinemas says safety is priority after Colorado shooting (timesunion.com)
- Regal Cinema Issues Statement After Local Theater Arrest (fox8.com)
“Osama wasn’t a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims“
Indeed, Al Qaeda killed many more Muslims than Americans. Although Americans in the Middle East have been warned against immediate reprisals, The general response from local governments has been to congratulate Obama for the action and to breathe a sigh of relief.
- ‘Osama wasn’t a Muslim leader, he was a mass murderer of Muslims’ (dailykos.com)
- Obama Announces Death of Osama Bin Laden (theoraclemagnews.wordpress.com)
- Osama Dead: Long Live Obama (neerajbhushan.com)
- Osama bin Laden Dead, Obama To Announce (justjared.buzznet.com)
- U.S. warns of al Qaeda reprisals over bin Laden (ctv.ca)
- Full transcript | Barack Obama | Speech on Osama bin Laden’s death | White House | 1 May 2011 (newstatesman.com)
Salon this morning has a disturbing article called “Rush Limbaugh says a Dozen Incredibly Offensive Things“.
He “jokingly” suggested that Democrats had purposefully orchestrated a mass murder for their own political benefit. He incorrectly asserted that “every association that any act of violence has been made with the conservative right has fallen on emptiness.” He said that now the government will take away your guns, along with “as many political freedoms as they can manage.” (So you’d better stock up on guns, and you’d better fear and hate the government!)
And then they reported this Limbaugh quote:
“This guy clearly understands he’s getting all the attention and he understands he’s got a political party doing everything it can, plus a local sheriff doing everything that they can to make sure he’s not convicted of murder.”
When you consider the major increase on the sale of Glocks since the tragic event in Tucson, Limbaugh seems to be encouraging such sales by suggesting that government is out to get citizen’s political freedom. Once again I ask a question I’ve asked before… Why is this guy on the air?
- Rush Limbaugh says a dozen incredibly offensive things (salon.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Attacks ‘The Left’ Over Gabrielle Giffords Shooting Response (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Limbaugh: Loughner “Has The Full Support” Of The “Democrat” Party (alan.com)
- Rush Limbaugh: Jared Loughner “Has The Full Support Of” The Democratic Party (mediaite.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Joins Attempt To Blame The Left For AZ Shooting (pinkbananaworld.com)
- Limbaugh says Democrats support assassin who shot Rep. Giffords (americablog.com)
- Rush Limbaugh Feels The Sting Of Sheriff Dupnik’s Comments, Claims Dems Support Loughner (lezgetreal.com)
- Arizona Sheriff Blasts Rush Limbaugh for Spewing ‘Irresponsible’ Vitriol (Keep It Up Sheriff!) (gunnyg.wordpress.com)