From: The Daily What…
Kameron Slade, a fifth-grader from Queens, NY, was scheduled to deliver a speech as part of a school-wide competition at PS 195. But when the principal learned Kameron’s speech was about same-sex marriage, he was ordered to choose a new topic or lose the opportunity to speak.
Brilliant speech… very well reasoned. Perhaps the principal should choose a new career and let Kameron take HIS job.
- (Video) Fifth Grader, Kameron Slade, Prohibited From Giving Gay Marriage Speech At School (saintleoinkblot.com)
- Kameron Slade is a Queens, New York fifth grader who won his… (veganmyway.tumblr.com)
- Freedom of Speech? School Temporarily Bans 10 Year Old Kameron Slade’s Same Sex Marriage Speech (bagladyboutiqe.wordpress.com)
- 5th grader’s winning pro-marriage equality speech banned by NY school (rawstory.com)
- Lemons to Lemonade: Kameron Slade couldn’t deliver his speech on same-sex marriage at school, so he’s delivering it to the world (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- WATCH: NYC School Bans Fifth-Grader From Giving Awesome Pro-Gay-Marriage Speech (queerty.com)
- This Is All Kinds Of Wrong of the Day (thedailywh.at)
Looks like Kameron’s controversy caused enough attention to allow him to make the speech after all.
“Of course, madam,” replied the sales clerk, “exactly what type and color dress are you looking for?”
The bride to be said, “A long frilly white dress with a veil.”
The sales clerk hesitated a bit, then said, “Please don’t take this the wrong way, but gowns of that nature are considered more appropriate for brides who are being married the first time – for those who are a bit more innocent, if you know what I mean? Perhaps ivory or sky blue would be nice?”
“Well,” replied the customer, a little peeved at the clerk’s directness, “I can assure you that a white gown would be quite appropriate. Believe it or not, despite all my marriages, I remain as innocent as a first-time bride. You see, my first husband was so excited about our wedding, he died as we were checking into our honey moon hotel. My second husband and I got into such a terrible fight in the limo on our way to our honeymoon hotel that we had that wedding annulled immediately and never spoke to each other again.”
“What about your third husband?” asked the sales clerk.
“That one was a Republican,” said the woman, “and every night for four years, he just sat on the edge of the bed and told me how good it was going to be, but nothing ever happened.”
Heeheehee… I needed that. 🙂
- Facebook founder’s bride gets wedding dress in Denver (kdvr.com)
- 700 cupcakes for a bridal gown (chellelandia.wordpress.com)
- Myths and traditions about weddings (thelissachronicles.wordpress.com)
… or this – an overview of the Republicans’ desires in the coming election:
… or this – which I dedicate to my doggie boys, Byron and Nestle:
There… glad to get these out of my “hold on to” file.
Do you remember Jefferson’s ideal that “all men are created equal” and have “certain unalienable rights of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?” Right… it’s in the Declaration of Independence… the document upon which our democracy has been constructed.
Republicans do not embrace equal rights for all Americans… their drive to subject women to inequality and discrimination is only matched by their punitive actions to restrict gays from marrying or even having a civil union with the partner they love..
The opposition to gay marriage is based solely in religious dogma, and by legislating against same-sex marriage, Republicans are sanctioning religious discrimination laws that are, at the least, unconstitutional. Republicans claim that not following the Christian prohibition on homosexuality threatens traditional marriage, destroys children, and will lead to America’s demise, but they have no evidence to support any of their claims.
Conservative republicans’ media outlets, Fox News and Rush Limbaugh, advocate this inequality and discrimination and emboldens homophobic Americans to renounce the rights of all citizens for gays. Giving the gay community the right to marry is not only about ending social discrimination, it also means the end of financial penalties for being gay…for instance, the ability to have “married status” on federal income tax returns.
Is our freedom for all Americans? For some Americans? Fort rich Americans? For Religious Americans? – I hope it is for EVERYONE and no backsies.
- Another Time In History (catsnjammer64.wordpress.com)
- Moran Applauds President’s Support of Gay Marriage (arlnow.com)
- Should America legalise gay marriage? (4l2012.wordpress.com)
- Bill Donohue: ‘I Want The Law To Discriminate’ Against Same-Sex Couples (thinkprogress.org)
- Utahns weigh in on Obama support for same-sex marriage ()
- Unions Back Obama’s Stand for Marriage Equality (talkingunion.wordpress.com)
- Obama criticizes Romney as ‘backwards on equality’ (onlineathens.com)
- Daily Show traces the evolution of Fox’s same sex marriage talking points (rawstory.com)
- Poll: O.C. Democrats favor federal gay marriage (totalbuzz.ocregister.com)
Found this in Taegan Goddard’s Political Wire this morning:
BuzzFeed obtained a confidential strategy memo from an anti-gay marriage group, the National Organization for Marriage, with a goal of “fanning the hostility” between black voters and gay voters by casting President Obama as a radical foe of marriage.
If you download the strategy memo (an Adobe .pdf file) you”ll see just how conspiratorial this Repiglicant group is and how they use their lies and fabrications to weaken their Democratic opponents.
What on Earth is wrong with this country? Do peole have to believe this crap?
I got this off Thom’s newsletter which you can subscribe to by going HERE.
Sally Kern, the Oklahoma state legislator who infamously called homosexuality “the biggest threat our nation has, even more so than terrorism or Islam,” now wants to force heterosexual couples to stay married. Under Kern’s legislation, incompatibility would not be an OK reason to obtain a divorce if the partners have been married for over a decade or are raising minor children. At least there’s some internal consistency to Kern, unlike most who oppose gay marriage. She realizes that the biggest threat to the “sanctity of marriage” is…divorce! Or Tiger Woods.