OK… It’s the first day of Keith Olbermann‘s Countdown on the Current TV Network, and I am watching him Interview Michael Moore on Obama’s ethical and legal avoidance of the War Powers Act in Libya. I’m thrilled that the first thing Keith did was show that he wasn’t a front for the current Administration… or Democrats in general.
When you compare him to Fox News with its talking heads adhering to the Roger Ailes Daily List of attacks that will be made on the left and no connection with the truth, you find the kind of independent thought that we have missed since Keith went off MSNBC.
It is great to hear again a Special Comment, this one giving the definition of his program’s point of view:
“The weakest citizen in this country is more important than the strongest corporation.”
John Dean is here to comment on Justice Clarence Thomas taking gifts and his wife taking funding from a conservative Texas millionaire and seeing how this affects his Supreme Court decisions, like the Walmart/ women employees class action suit which came down against the female employees of the big-time retailer. As Dean said
about the Court, this is a great day for big business.
And Markos Moulitsas (of the Daily Kos) is back as a regular commentator after having been bounced off the tube by MSNBC a year ago for comments that network ( and especially Joe Scarborough) apparently didn’t agree with.
Welcome back, Keith. I’ll be watching.
- Keith Olbermann announces first ‘Countdown’ guests (insidetv.ew.com)
- You’ll Never Guess Who Keith Olbermann’s First Guests Are [Debuts] (gawker.com)
- Countdown with Keith Olbermann returns TONIGHT at 8 PM Eastern (dailykos.com)
- Olbermann Returns Today With New Countdown Show (jonathanturley.org)
- Keith Olbermann’s Revenge and More (iflizwerequeen.com)
- Keith Olbermann on Why He Left MSNBC – and How He Plans to Get Even (rollingstone.com)
- Current bets on Twitter & web video for Olbermann show (gigaom.com)
- How Many Will Watch The Premiere Of ‘Countdown With Keith Olbermann’ on Current TV? (Poll) (tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com)