- “I respect and will protect a woman’s right to choose.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I never really called myself pro-choice.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “Roe v. Wade has gone too far.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years we should sustain and support it.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “When I am asked if I am pro-choice or pro-life, I say I refuse to accept either label.” ~ Well. There seems to be a ring of truth in that one.
- “Immigrants should have a chance to obtain citizenship.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think there should be no special pathway to citizenship. I feel that’s the course we ought to take.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I mean, I say that jokingly, but it would be helpful to be Latino.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have a gun of my own. I go hunting myself. I’m a member of the NRA and believe firmly in the right to bear arms.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I don’t personally own a gun. My son does.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I think the global warming debate is now pretty much over and people recognize the need associated with providing sources which do not generate the heat that is currently provided by fossil fuels …” ~ Mitt Romney
- “I have to tell you with regards to global warming that that’s something, which, you’re right, the scientists haven’t entirely resolved…” ~ Yep. Him again.
- “This is a campaign about the 100 percent.” ~ Mitt Romney
- “There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what… My job is not to worry about those people. I’ll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” ~ Some guy who looks an awful lot like Mitt Romney
How can anyone believe any position Romney takes?
- I wonder which Mitt Romney will show up at the debate tonight? The one who talks out of the left side or the right side of his mouth? (margaretandhelen.com)
- Are Women Voters Really Abandoning Democrats? Not So Fast (point4counterpoint.wordpress.com)
- “Mitt Romney The Product”: A New Romney Appears On A Monthly, Weekly And Sometimes Daily Basis (mykeystrokes.com)
- Mitt Romney debates himself, round 2 (dailykos.com)
- Mitt Romney’s Constantly Evolving Stance On Abortion Rights (thinkprogress.org)
- Is he pro-life, pro-choice, or just pro-Mitt? – Boston Globe (bostonglobe.com)
I don’t know if you read Margaret and Helen, but I do.
These two “friends for sixty years” bring their experience to bear on almost every contemporary situation… like Helen’s recent comment on Rick Santorum and his views on faith and sex:
He was in Texas this week talking about his faith… which always leads him to talk about abortion and gay marriage. I swear that man worries more about vaginas and who is sleeping with whom than any normal person should. I don’t think he is right in the head. He told his audience that his faith is a part of who he is and it will guide him in his presidency. Well good for him.
If you really, honestly want to reduce abortions in this country, the last
thing you want to do is vote for a Republican. If you want to reduce abortions start in your own home by educating your children. Teach your sons to respect women and arm your daughters with information about birth control. If you are so outraged by abortions that your only criteria for a presidential candidate is that he be obsessed with my uterus, then arm your daughters with all the information she needs to protect herself from all those sons who were raised by politicians in Texas and Virginia. And if you really care, make a donation to Planned Parenthood or this other organization called Annie’s List. My grandson says that if you “click” on the underlined words in the previous sentence it will take you to a place you can make a donation on the internet. It couldn’t be any easier than that.
… to which Margaret responds:
Clicking on those words and you can make a donation? How fancy. I hope they know what to do with yours and my checks when they arrive in the regular old mail. Don’t forget. Stamps have gone up to 45 cents dear. Why isn’t anyone outraged about that?
So, my dear ladies, keep up the good work. I find you inspiring.
- Maybe Margaret and Helen will join in (maureenholland.wordpress.com)
- Pink Razors – Margaret and Helen (crackerboy.us)
- Pink Razors (margaretandhelen.wordpress.com)
- Cheers and Jeers: Rum and Coke FRIDAY! (dailykos.com)
- Tell Republicans to Get Their Planned Parenthood Facts Straight (forcechange.com)
- Some People Listen To Rick Santorum And Hear The Voice Of God (crooksandliars.com)
- Conservative Group Releases Unintentionally Hilarious Vid, Claims Planned Parenthood Is Hooking Kids On Sex (clutchmagonline.com)
- The Margaret and Helen blog – anyone have definite proof that they’re real? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Now Rick Santorum is bragging about supporting funding for free birth control at Planned Parenthood (dailykos.com)
- American Life League Says Planned Parenthood Is Turning Kids Into ‘Sex Addicts’ (blisstree.com)
- Apparently Rush Limbaugh Also Thinks Planned Parenthood Is Just Trying To Get Your Kids Hooked On Sex (mediaite.com)