“Tens, even hundreds, of thousands of Jewish people in the last decades have come to their Messiah. And so Lord, we pray for the revival around the world, and for Israel to come to their own Messiah.”
Apparently people of all religions were invited to Perry’s Rally… as long as they were willing to convert to his religion in the process.
Can’t we get religion out of politics (and government) once and for all?
- The NAR and Perry Go Large (barthsnotes.wordpress.com)
- Colbert Blames S&P For Ignoring ‘America’s Most Valued Asset, Jesus’ (Enter Rick Perry) (mediaite.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Gov. Rick Perry ‘Is Married To The Idea’ That Catholicism Is ‘A False Cult System’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry To Evangelicals: I’m One Of You (huffingtonpost.com)
For two days now, as I’ve taken Byron and Nestle on their walk around the neighborhood, there has been this bird.. a red-winged blackbird, that has been following us, going from perch to perch. Once or twice it has suspended itself in the air a few feet above us chirping and, I think, trying to get our attention.
It started yesterday when I heard this guy (it’s a male, according to the birdwatching directory) doing two different kinds of chirps… one lower tone that sounds like a click, and a higher tone that is a louder call. At first I started imitating the click… then the high chirp… and I could swear this bird started talking back.
He began following us as we shared chirps and went from bush to bush as we walked around the little drainage pond near the house.
This morning as I walked the dogs I heard the chirps behind me, turned around and saw what must have been the same bird sitting on our road sign. I did the clicks and chirps again and he followed us on our walk once more…flying away as we headed back to the house.
- There’s my clicky… (ask.metafilter.com)
- Ungrateful Man (bigskyken.wordpress.com)
- The Birds… the Freaking Birds (skdickey.wordpress.com)
- What’s Red and Winged and Black all over? A Red Winged Blackbird! March 29, 2011 (slowbirding.wordpress.com)
But wait! Today is the Rapture according to Harold Camping, no? All those fine, saved people (and the bodies of the buried, saved people, arise from the ground and float upward) should be headed to heaven to sit at the feet of the Lord.
Except, it has not happened yet. Maybe later today.
I’m off to the Market in an hour or so. Elly is subbing for Ruth at the Four Seasons Book Store booth (which doubles as the Sustainable Shepherdstown handout area) and I’ve pledged to sit in for Joy at her ceramics booth while she uses her truck and the Fence Puller to stretch the last side.
Anyway, come Hell (which has been predicted for the likes of me) or High Water, we will get something accomplished today. Hope you do, too (unless you are taken up in the Rapture… if so, bask in the pleasure of knowing I was wrong.)
- ‘Rapture’ day dawns for US pastor (mirror.co.uk)
- May 21st Rapture – Fact or Fiction? (mychristiancoffeeshop.wordpress.com)
- Rapture Humour (mgpcpastor.wordpress.com)
- 16 Stories to Read Before Your Ascension [Rapture] (gizmodo.com)
- Here at last… The Rapture (newstatesman.com)
- Apocalypse not now: The Rapture fails to materialise (guardian.co.uk)
- LA Times: Rapture preacher signs off from final show (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- Harold Camping: Wins Lotto and the World Ends (mysteryworshipers.wordpress.com)
- The Rapture – Indisputable Christian Heresy (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- What to Do When the Rapture Doesn’t Happen: A Guide for Believers [End Times] (gawker.com)
- The Rapture Kinda Sneaks Up On You, Doesn’t It? (insideoutandbackwards.wordpress.com)
- “That’s great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes, an aeroplane” (justwilliam1959.wordpress.com)
- Will The Rapture Start Saturday? Many Believe It To Be So… (thenationalbugle.com)
- What Is The Rapture? (businessinsider.com)
And I believe that the anointing of the Lord has been here to fulfill the desire of those early settlers, to take the gospel from America throughout the world, and that’s what we’ve been here to do. But let me tell you, ladies and gentlemen, it doesn’t take a great scholar to tell you the United States has lost its moorings.
When you think that courts have denied children the right to pray in schools, that there’s a vendetta against religious belief, that now homosexuality has been made a constitutional right, that abortion has been made a constitutional right, the courts and judges have trampled on the early origins of our nation, they have distorted the meaning of the First Amendment. It’s all been done, and we’ve let it happen.
But I was reading today about a place called Sodom and Gomorrah, and a man named Abraham stood before God, and he says, “God, there’re righteous people in that city, would you kill them along with the wicked, must not the judge of all the earth do right?” And God finally promised, “If I can find ten righteous in that city, I will spare it,” just ten. Well the time came he could only find six, so they destroyed Sodom and Gomorra. But there’re many righteous here in America, and we need to band together and pray that God Almighty will spare this great land and reestablish in our hearts the vision of the pioneers.
So what is the real meaning of the 1st Amendment? I always thought it was Freedom of Speech… so I guess we have to let Robertson say whatever he wants. I just don’t think he’s learned the same American History as the rest of us.
- And the Beat Goes On (afeatheradrift.wordpress.com)
- How is one’s understanding of God’s wrath related to one’s understanding of God’s Grace – Give scripture references (wiki.answers.com)
- Is Our Culture Worse Than Sodom And Gomorrah? | Courageous Priest (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- It’s not Pat Robertson, but it’s about the same (cafewitteveen.wordpress.com)
- Better Than God? (unreasonablefaith.com)