It was a wonderful wedding, watching my son and his bride having the time of their lives, but a painful one for me. I spent most of my time looking for places to sit and keep my left side from interacting with the world… and I almost got away with it.
There was one accident, however: after taking wedding pictures of family and bridal party on the Oriental Theater’s stage, I missed a step coming back into the audience area and fell hard, re-injuring my cracked collar bone and shoulder blade. Several nice wedding party members helped me get back on my feet, but I returned to West Virginia more in pain than when I left. Believe me, the 18 hour train rides (switch in Chicago… if it weren’t for the redcap service I never would have been able to change trains… were incredibly unpleasant and I got no sleep on the overnight run.
One great thing about the wedding was I got to see my cousin, Bob Barsale, who, since he lives in Chicago, I have not seen much of in the past 25 years. Growing up, Bob was the closest thing I had to a brother and he (and his wife Suzie and daughter SueSue) mean a great deal to me. Since he occasionally reads me on Facebook, I send my best wishes out to him.
OK… now I have to get back onto my life, my string of Doctor’s appointments and more. I hope you all have a nice day. I home Buddy and Rachel are enjoying their mini-Honeymoon at Lake Geneva. I hope all the family and friends I saw got home OK.
- My Big Fat Unconventional Wedding (justhitchednowwhat.wordpress.com)
- Chicago Court Case Dogs Program could serve as model for Milwaukee (fox6now.com)
- Milwaukee packs weekend with events to celebrate armed forces (fox6now.com)
- Milwaukee Wants To Wipe Pittsburgh Off The Map (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)
- Style For Style: Stylish Solutions for Broken Bones (fabsugar.com)
Today Bud and Rachel (known as Will and Rachel to their friends… his mother and I seem to be stuck on Buddy) will rehearse tomorrow’s wedding, then we will have the Rehearsal Dinner which we will be paying for.
We had breakfast here at the Hilton with my daughter Cassandra and her husband, Matthew. I understand my other daughter, Penny, and her kids are now in the hotel somewhere as are my mother and my sister. These Hiltons are making a lot of money off this one family!
- Hawkily Ever After: Rehearsal, Dinner, and Cocktails (weddingbee.com)
- Fab Finding Follow Up: The Rehearsal Dinner (fabsugar.com)
- Come Fab Finding With Me: The Rehearsal Dinner (fabsugar.com)
- Wedding Etiquette: Events Before the Big Day (crane.com)
- Social Etiquette: The Rehearsal Dinner (eventsbysocialgraces.com)