“I think the idea of saying, ‘Listen, I’m gonna build a double fence, we’re going to put alligators between it, and we’re going to put lava in there, as well.’ You know, one tries to outdo the other one. That’s 2,000 miles. The idea of building a 2,000 mile fence costs a huge amount of money, takes a very long time.”
– Rick Perry
It just happens that this was a joke Obama had used before and that Perry had criticized ( actually he said that Obama “interested in trying out forSaturday Night Live, it seems like. He wants to play to what he considers to be the humorous side.”
- Rick Perry thinks Jon Stewart owes him a drink (politico.com)
- Was Rick Perry drunk or on drugs during his latest speech? (VIDEO) (rt.com)
- Rick Perry To Attend At Least Five More GOP Debates, Campaign Says (huffingtonpost.com)
- CNN: Why Did Rick Perry Keep Calling Herman Cain ‘Brother’? (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry: Drunk During N.H. Campaign Speech? (thehollywoodgossip.com)
- Bachmann: Border fence is no joke (politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com)
- Wherein Rick Perry mistakes satire for reality. (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
Rick Perry speaking of his rejection of Evolution :
“Well, God is how we got here. God may have done it in the blink of the eye or he may have done it over this long period of time, I don’t know. But I know how it got started.”
How? Adam and Eve?
- Brian Hardwick: Rick Perry Is A Daddy Brand (huffingtonpost.com)
- Rick Perry Makes Questionable Remarks About Global Warming (huffingtonpost.com)
- Explain this, Rick Perry (atlmalcontent.wordpress.com)
- Does Rick Perry make the grade? (brobrubel.wordpress.com)
“Tens, even hundreds, of thousands of Jewish people in the last decades have come to their Messiah. And so Lord, we pray for the revival around the world, and for Israel to come to their own Messiah.”
Apparently people of all religions were invited to Perry’s Rally… as long as they were willing to convert to his religion in the process.
Can’t we get religion out of politics (and government) once and for all?
- The NAR and Perry Go Large (barthsnotes.wordpress.com)
- Colbert Blames S&P For Ignoring ‘America’s Most Valued Asset, Jesus’ (Enter Rick Perry) (mediaite.com)
- Lawrence O’Donnell: Gov. Rick Perry ‘Is Married To The Idea’ That Catholicism Is ‘A False Cult System’ (mediaite.com)
- Rick Perry To Evangelicals: I’m One Of You (huffingtonpost.com)