A quote from the column:
There’s the rub. Health care is anything but a “private product.” The system is replete with cross-subsidies from hospitals, taxpayers and the already insured. There is no law requiring a car dealer to give you a new Lexus if you just walk onto the lot that compares to the statute requiring hospitals to treat you if you show up. We consider health care a largely public good, but we don’t pay for it that way. That’s foolish.
Read the whole column HERE.
- Health care law reaches federal appeals court in Virginia ()
- Health-care law gets friendly reception from appeals-court panel (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Health care judges all Dem nominees (politico.com)
- “Preview of the Romney Healthcare Speech Today” and related posts (triablogue.blogspot.com)
- Supreme Court Officially Rejects Expedited Health Care Review (news.firedoglake.com)
- Breaking: Supreme Court rejects fast-track appeal on ObamaCare; Update: Cuccinelli says “Disappointing, not surprising” (hotair.com)
- Romney Hides Behind Federalism (andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com)